Children's homes or orphanages in Sheffield

Hi Bev1966,

I was in Lane End Children Home in the early 70's to 1980 there where lots of kids in there no fault of there own.

Is there a reason why you are looking for previous children that where living there???

I was one of those kids. I had no parents or family to take me in. I ended up in fosterling care

Hi everyone I am looking for my long lost sister that was adopted from the Roman catholic children home in the 1950-1960 

my sister would be in her 50s now and she was adopted a few weeks old 

her birth name would have been Bernadette Maher 

This is all the information I have at the moment 

Hi.  I'm wondering if my contributing to this thread will bump it up to the top of the pile.  If so, is anyone that I've associated with in the past 10 years or so still around and willing to share their FCH memories?

On 14/06/2017 at 19:39, brian1941 said:

----------------

Hi Maureen, Yes i'm still about, what is it your trying to find.

I'm not sure now if Connie was in in No19 house but it's many many

years ago. Did i ever tell you i knew Connie's brother Ronald Bolton

he was in No2 house.

Just come to me there was a Michael he was in No6 house with me

and the other brother was Kenneth Bolton he was in No3.

Your's Brian.

Brian was you in no6 the same time as my Dad Alfred Thomas I also think his brothers were in there too 

I too was there1978/79 I can remember camping out at the front of the house and going camping to Edale in the snow,Lancaster too I've got some lovely memories,  enjoyed my time there

On 16/05/2018 at 20:48, Bev1966 said:

I was one of those kids. I had no parents or family to take me in. I ended up in fosterling care

What year was you at lane end..,,

On 12/11/2020 at 12:53, sparkymark said:

Brian was you in no6 the same time as my Dad Alfred Thomas I also think his brothers were in there too 

Yes i was in No6, but dont know Alfred

I was fostered  at a very young age , and often over heard conversation saying I may be sent to Fulwood cottage homes , Never ended up there but often wondered where they were and if they are still there.

Anyone know if there were any Catholic childrens homes in Sheffield in 1960?  And, what homes were there of any denomination? Not necessarily mother and baby but for children who were never adopted.

There was a home on Mortimer Rd Bradfield near Strines Pub, the building is still there but it is in a bad state needs a lot of work doing on it,think it belongs to the Hague family.