Best bars for the over 40s in town please?

- Kelham Island Tavern - famous brewery tap but will likely be rammed

Brewery Tap for which brewery?

I agree with what others have said: This is an impossible question to answer because the question is based on an assumption that people of a certain age want similar things. They don't.

I'm over 40 and the last thing I want actually is to be in a pub with folk of my own age. Most of them are over the hill, seen nowt, done nowt and know everything.

Strangely enough, I go to a pub mainly to drink good beer. So that determines it for me.

I also like to see good looking folks in pubs. People who take care of themselves and dress smartly and look nice. That narrows it down even further.

Strangely enough, I go to a pub mainly to drink good beer. So that determines it for me.

I also like to see good looking folks in pubs. People who take care of themselves and dress smartly and look nice. That narrows it down even further.

I'm genuinely curious as to which pubs combine the two!

You sound like a Kelham Island candidate.

I agree with what others have said: This is an impossible question to answer because the question is based on an assumption that people of a certain age want similar things. They don't.

I'm over 40 and the last thing I want actually is to be in a pub with folk of my own age. Most of them are over the hill, seen nowt, done nowt and know everything.

I've never heard of anyone judging a pub by how good looking the clientele are before. Must rule out pretty much every pub in Sheffield - those dreaded 'ugly people' really do get everywhere.

We had a family meal at Leopold Square at the weekend. The area seemed to be full of aged 40+ folk and I`m over 40, but I`d not be in a rush to drink there. Seemed very `townie`. I also like bars with nice beer and, most of the places that offer such are quite welcoming regardless of age.

We had a family meal at Leopold Square at the weekend. The area seemed to be full of aged 40+ folk and I`m over 40, but I`d not be in a rush to drink there. Seemed very `townie`. I also like bars with nice beer and, most of the places that offer such are quite welcoming regardless of age.

Yes, but how 'good looking' were the drinkers? Nice beer and a welcoming friendly environment is nothing if ugly people manage to slip in apparently.

Don't forget to call in at the Hen and Chickens

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

I would suggest for over 40s, Maggie Mays, new bar Woodys on West Street or the Green Room on Saturday evenings when they play Mowtown...

I would suggest for over 40s, Maggie Mays, new bar Woodys on West Street or the Green Room on Saturday evenings when they play Mowtown...

I'm 44, and those 3 are among the last places I'd want to drink in. I'll be out this Friday, with a few mates of a similar age. We'll prbably do the Bath Hotel, Devonshire Cat and Brewdog, and finish in the Washington

I advise sticking with Kelham Island or Eccy Road.

City centre I’d probably go with Browns or any of the better star hotels

I am over 40, The Francis Newton, Banners Cross and The Stags Head pubs are just right for my taste.