Queens Rd ice-rink (Silver Blades) reunion Sun 20th May

A reunion has been planned for all the people that used to use the venue during its 40 years as an ice-rink.

Ex-staff, session skaters, figure skaters, speed skaters, ice hockey players, or anyone else who used the venue are all welcome.

The idea is to get as many people as possible together outside the rink for a massive photo on Sunday 20th May at 3.00pm. It will then be up to everyone to do their own thing, weather that be going roller-skating for old times sake or going for a drink to catch up with people and remember the old times.

There are a couple of facebook groups about the event and also an article in The Star, but unfortunately I am not tech-savvy enough to put up any links.

I hope to see a load of you there, I spent 30 years of my life in that building so will know quite a few old faces.

BB.

a heartbeat club reunion would be fun many will be in their seventies now,i used it up to about 1970 ish

Good luck with the reunion bluesbrother, I hope it all goes well for you.

Spent many a Tuesday going round in circles to the tunes of the disco and stopping for a breather to stuff my face with Grits.

Hope the day is enjoyed by all.

Best wishes.