Swishing Parties

Would there be anyone interested in helping me set this up?

I have all the info from the Swishing .co . Uk advisers.

What's involved and what do you need help with?

I'm not criticising the idea or the OP, I think the basis of exchanging unwanted items is a sound one...but it's hardly a new idea

Just an example of the overly brand-conscious world that we live in that something people have done for years (exchanging unwanted things with friends and neighbours) is suddenly a cool new craze and owned by a company just by applying a catchy name to it...

My question really about the whole thing is "why does a communications agency need to be included and make a profit from people doing swapsies?"

There will be no profit made from this just small donations to ocver the price of hiring the venue

---------- Post added 14-08-2013 at 16:06 ----------

What's involved and what do you need help with?

Basically paperwork, keeping track of everyones credit balances and basically running the thing!

There will be no profit made from this just small donations to ocver the price of hiring the venue

---------- Post added 14-08-2013 at 16:06 ----------

Basically paperwork, keeping track of everyones credit balances and basically running the thing!

You could charge an entrance fee (ticket price) and any money left over after cost of hiring the venue could be given to a charity though sure no-one mind you making some money from it if you going to effort to organise it. I think its a good idea can get rid of unwanted clothes and hopefully pick up something you want!

I'm not interested in making money but the donating to charity would be a lovely idea! I'd be interested in what charity people would like the money to go to