Alfs mobile shop

who can remember the mobile shop on parson cross? sure it was called Alfs.

I think they had a thread on once about him ;) I remember him in the late 50s and early 60s coming on my in-laws street, Colley Ave to be precise, but I don't remember him coming on my parent's street, Milnrow Rd :suspect: you could get things on the tick and pay him at the end of the week, couldn't you? Are you a relation? what's your story? :)

I think they had a thread on once about him ;) I remember him in the late 50s and early 60s coming on my in-laws street, Colley Ave to be precise, but I don't remember him coming on my parent's street, Milnrow Rd :suspect: you could get things on the tick and pay him at the end of the week, couldn't you? Are you a relation? what's your story? :)

NO RELATION i lived on Deerlands Ave years ago and used to have a slate :hihi:

Yeah he used to live a few doors down from us on lyminster road, used to be friends with his son who i think was called russell. think this was very early seventies.

I remember it also ,it used to go on Dugdale road and my Grandma used to send us for a 1/4 of cheese and a penny mix.

Think he worked out of Fletchers backery.

Did he have any connection with the fish and chip van that used to park at the bottom of southey hill opposite the old Magnet pub?

Hi Italian 73 I knew a son of his called Derek & a daughter called Beverly (I think)...just out of interest why Italian 73... ? Please pm me if you don't want others to know

I remember Alf very well. I used to live on Deerlands. We were regular customers of his. It was better than having to walk up to Lindsey shops. Those were the days.

I remember Alf very well. I used to live on Deerlands. We were regular customers of his. It was better than having to walk up to Lindsey shops. Those were the days.

Yeah and when he got to know you he let you have a slate !

Alfs van used to park up at Walkers farm,Fox hill rd.It could do 25mph downhill,15mph on the flat and 5mph uphill,he sold everything.

Alfs van used to park up at Walkers farm,Fox hill rd.It could do 25mph downhill,15mph on the flat and 5mph uphill,he sold everything.

I can remember seeing a couple of mobile shops on that farm did he have more than one round??

---------- Post added 22-12-2015 at 07:24 ----------

I can remember seeing a couple of mobile shops on that farm did he have more than one round??