Sheffield School of nursing -1976

I trained as Enrolled Nurse from 76-78 and was wondering if there were any girls out there who were there at same time. My name was Helen Wragg at time ! I remember Miss Ream ,what a character she was ! I used to drive her insane ! Remember going to pubs in Broomhill at dinnertime and had chip butties and Lager and Black ! There was girl called Julie Daniels whose dad was a policeman in our class ! And I also have vivid memories of standing on high St waiting 95 bus to go home and I had my outdoor uniform on complete with bloody pork pie hat ! This poor woman got off bus and tripped and dropped all her veg all over road-there were potatoes ,onions,rolling down the road ! And I was in hysterics-the lady was OK though ! The bus driver said " I think you better get on this bus before you get lynched. Call yourself a nurse ".

A trained at Clarkhouse Road sheffield school of nursing 1976 to 1978. Was Anne Hurst in those days. Went on to work at Nether Edge Hospital and later The Royal Hallamshire. Happy days, but happier now as live in the Algarve. Rember "dreamy Reamy" well and also Miss Harrison. Those were the days when we spent hours learning how to make a bed. Only met a few class members later on. Jane Fox, Linda Hill, anyone got any more memories.

I trained as an enrolled nurse at Clarkehouse 1976 to 1978. My name them was Angela Moore. I lived in at Tapton Court nurses home Shore lane, and worked at Jessop hospital before returning back to Chesterfield. Sorry Anne and Helen I don't recognise your names. Have you have any photos of the class to jog my memory.

Oct'76 My name was Hazel Calvert. I was in the 1st group to be trained at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital.My allocations sent me to Fulwood Annexe,NetherEdge,Jessops,Thornbury Annexe- where when i qualified as State Enrolled Nurse i worked before transferring to Lodgemoor Hospital when it sadly closed down.

Oh the wonderful Miss Ream!! What a character!! She used to come and work with us on the wards which always caused mayhem .I trained 1974 to 1976 based at the Royal .my name was Heather McKay.