R.i.p Peter Vaughan

Actor Peter Vaughan has passed away aged 93 rip

And he was only in a handful of the Porrige episodes, yet a memorable character.

Really saddened at this, "Grouty" was a brilliant character, and his dialogue with Fletcher was fantastic. Any other con wouldn't talk to him like Fletch did.

In the recent remake I thought all the modern takes on the characters were OK, but the Harry Grout character was a pale imitation.

I always remember him in a 1970s itv series called "Fox" which also starred Larry Lamb, Bernard Hill and a very young looking Ray Winstone..

I really enjoyed that series, but I've never seen it repeated.

RIP Billy Fox

He was also in Citizen Smith with Robert Lindsay. He played Charlie Johnson, the father of Wolfie's girlfriend.

He was stunning in Our Friends in the North.

Dont forget he was Maester Aemon in Game Of Thrones too between (2011 and 2015)

He was also Mr Paxton in the 1972 BBC adaptation of A Warning To The Curious by M.R.James. Directed by Lawrence Gordon Clark, it was part of the `A Ghost Story For Christmas` series.

R.I.P. to a fabulous actor.

His film and tv credits are extensive.

I last saw him on screen a month or so back – Freeview Channel 48 – in the b/w 'Smokescreen' (1964) where he plays an insurance assessor investigating an insurance fraud and uncovering a murder in the process. One instance where he was playing a goody (if a bit aloof), not a baddie.