So, when IS the next meet then?

Can we not merge this thread in with the other with the poll? They seem to be about the same thing.

I was just thinking the same thing Alch and gonna refer to my posting about meets.

With 1769 members now - you could arrange meets to partake of ANY activity that more than one person wanted to do. So anyone who really doesn't like pubs should meet and do something else.

I'm going to go on one of the tours of the General Cemetery soon (been droning on about it for ages and not got round to it). Looking at 'What's On' - online database of things in Sheffield, and found:-

19/10/03 - Torchlight Tour @ 7pm

and 25/10/03 - Poets and Painters @11am

Their phone no = 2798402

Sorry - I digress (just thought I'd post details anyway)

And nearly everone at the meet smoked which as a smoker actually makes a nice change - but I don't shun non-smokers, and I try not to blow smoke in their faces either. I can behave in company (well, most of the time).

So, children - less squabbling please.

Yes DB, I see your point, and if it concerned someone's direct health - then, obviously, I would not smoke near them.

As for being conciderate, at the last meet - even though it was in a pub, I kept my ashtray on a chair behind me, because Jamie, Ying and Tina (we were sat together) were not smoking..

But, as I said, let’s try to fix a date and venue.

Originally posted by hiyabeing

And nearly everone at the meet smoked which as a smoker actually makes a nice change - but I don't shun non-smokers, and I try not to blow smoke in their faces either. I can behave in company (well, most of the time).

Isn't smoke blowinga flirty thing? :D

I'm a non smoker but there are a couple of ladies on here who are more than welcome to blow smoke into my face!

Originally posted by LouiseB

tease

*G*

Eek, my secrets out!

you know what it means if you're smoking in bed with a beautiful woman?

Better get some KY!

:roll: Someon's always gotta lower the tone...

:lol: :lol:

Can we please keep to the thread - a meet. There's already a thread on smoking.

I am always interested in going for a meal or dancing

But as long as everyone who wants to, gets to go to something sometimes, then that is as good as it will be I suspect.

Social Secretary (assistant)

x

I wasn'r being sarcastic with my posting last night about being formal and having an agenda and secretary - I hadn't read this post / thread on MOnday -

Please forgive me if you thought I was being rude.

Hiyabeing I wouldnt have thought it for a minute

I am only joking about being the Social Secretary (assistant) anyway

Did you read my post that followed yours?

I think you were DEAD right

xxxxx

OK cheers LouB. I didn't I would upset anyone, just with you're posting I thought you may feel I had my tongue in my cheek a little. (Well I probably did, but not at you- just the general level that conversations appear to have dropped to).

See you soon

x