Fund the NHS adequately

the nhs is proberbly not underfunded but massively overmanaged,in the department I worked in for 45 years there was nearly 2 managers of some description to every man!!!this was the estates department,in the real world to deliver the same service in the private industry would take approx. 2!! and deliver a better service,:( this is reflected across the health service,with no exeptions,ive seen it all!! in every department,these people have the life of riley and most of the jobs are overlapped by the next person in a similar post.they are answerable to no one,its time for a real shake up,pay the people that do the real work,nurses,cleaners drivers,estate staff,catering,etc,a proper wage,there would be no shortage of staff, these keep the nhs going,not the paper clip counters and people sat behind doors with non discipt made up titles.try this one for size...THE PRIME MINISTERS FUNDING OFFICE!!! yes,this really does exsist along with many many others.

I heard our NHS minister on radio four

"It's about helping them make better choices, giving them all the support we can, because we know taking the tough decisions is never easy,"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46093750

It seemed to me like a 'NHS prevention plan' that was just a load of waffle. The sugar tax may have helped, maybe more of that type of 'help'.

the nhs is proberbly not underfunded but massively overmanaged,in the department I worked in for 45 years there was nearly 2 managers of some description to every man!!!this was the estates department,in the real world to deliver the same service in the private industry would take approx. 2!! and deliver a better service,:( this is reflected across the health service,with no exeptions,ive seen it all!! in every department,these people have the life of riley and most of the jobs are overlapped by the next person in a similar post.they are answerable to no one,its time for a real shake up,pay the people that do the real work,nurses,cleaners drivers,estate staff,catering,etc,a proper wage,there would be no shortage of staff, these keep the nhs going,not the paper clip counters and people sat behind doors with non discipt made up titles.try this one for size...THE PRIME MINISTERS FUNDING OFFICE!!! yes,this really does exsist along with many many others.

Clearly not true if you look at the medical services. Nurses are not having "the life of riley", nor are doctors.

---------- Post added 06-11-2018 at 08:46 ----------

Of course you can’t prove that we are not reimbursed, nobody can because we aren’t. Taking Spain as an example, they have a charging based system for none resident users, the UK doesn’t even have a system to charge out, where’s the charging point in A&E? However I can tell you where it in a Spanish hospital, it’s at the reception point.

Actually it's quite easy to get hold of the figures.

https://fullfact.org/health/how-much-does-uk-recover-health-costs-eu/

I've recently been an emergency admission to hospital, and I have to say the experience was not a good one. In fact to be honest it scared the pants off me.

The understaffing was all too evident. Buzzers were left unanswered, there were people crying out for help - also ignored. Pain relief seemed in short supply, as was general care and attention. I saw several mistakes being made (and nearly made) and some worrying incompetence. At times nobody with any authority seemed in charge. There were loud arguments between unhappy patients and staff, and 2 patients discharged themselves saying they would be better off at home.

Some of the younger staff seemed to resent being there, and some of the doctors were arrogant and unapproachable, you certainly couldn't ask them a question - you were lucky to get 10 seconds of their time.

I don't blame them, I blame the system. All the care and humanity seems to have been taken out of it. But it was obvious to me that lives are at risk..

On the plus side (and it's a big plus,) I went in very poorly, and got out alive, for which I am very grateful.

Edited by Anna B