Drummer looking for a jam.

Hiya.

Newish drummer, 35, looking for other musicians to jam with. Wanting to improve feel and groove. Can play most genres, most tempos, some more complex grooves. Be good to have a laugh as well.

Thanks,

Ben.

Hi Ben

Whats your level of competence, any specific drummers you admire?

Thnaks

Rich

Alright Rich,

Thanks for getting in touch. Beginner to medium mate. Can play to a metronome. 4 x 4 grooves, triplets, shuffles and half time. Better fast than slow but gather that's most drummers.

Jeff Porcaro is the b@llox in my opinion. Love Ringos style and Bonham.

Just looking for a jam to develop my own style and groove and maybe lead on to playing out.

Hope that answer your question mate, what's your instrument?

Regards,

Ben.

Hi Ben

I'm a singer/songwriter and bass player. We are currently auditioning drummers and wondered if you'de be interesed. Here's a link to our Soundcloud page;

I don't want to sound disrespectful but do you think you would be able to play to the level we are after?

You may not like what we are doing anyway. Here's my email richiebadger@gmail.com

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your email.

First off, love the tracks, got a T-Rex feel a bout them. Ace mate!

I'm confident enough to play those drum tracks however it would be unfair to audition as I am currently a mature student and I work 6 days a week. That would leave very little time to learn songs and gig with you if I passed the audition. I'm really just looking for a jam to improve my feel at the moment.

I wish you all the best with the band and thanks for the invite.

Best regards,

Ben.

Get yourself to a jam night or two. I can recommend the White Lion in Heeley, Every other Tuesday for Blues or every Thursday for everything.

Hi Ben

Really appreciate you being up front and thanks for the comments. Have fun on your journey and all the best.

Rich

Alright Marx.

Thanks for the advice. I live round the corner from there and have never known about it. Just like the beers!

I'll have a look in a fortnight.

---------- Post added 27-07-2018 at 10:48 ----------

Thanks Rich.

Good luck Marra

---------- Post added 27-07-2018 at 10:51 ----------

Alright Gary.

Thanks for your private message. Due to being a noob on this forum I can't reply to your private message yet. Hope you see this post.

Just my flat mate, neighbours don't mind if it's during the day. Probably get away with early evening as well.

Although I'm willing split the costs to rent some studio space if you'd prefer?

What's your style mate? I tend to listen to most music and practice as many genres as I can. Just rubbish at jazz!

Thanks mate,

Ben.

Hiya Ben

Enjoy bit of Clapton, G n R. Neil young. Led Zep. Happy to go to practice space.