The Cross Scythes, derbyshire lane

Hello

Does anyone have any experience of this pub?

I have been ringing around venues this afternoon for a party.. everywhere I have been recommended was already booked.. one of the places suggested I try here...

Anyway, they are able to let the room to me...

But Im not sure what kind of place it is, does anyone know. I am hoping to pop and have a look at it but its difficult as Im living away at the moment..

Cheers

X

Its big, the bus terminus is outside, apart from that, I've not been there for over 10 years ;)

There is more atmosphere in a morgue than that place, If you have a party there, I think you friends wouldnt like you anymore. Add to the fact the neighbours always complain.

It was great when it was packed with Totley students :(

Sorry which Cross Sythes are we talking about? I thought you meant the one at Totley but I thought that was Baslow Road? :confused:

Yes the original poster was asking about the one close to woodseats.

I haven't been in for a drink for about a decade, but 5 years ago I went in and they had a large games room for children at the back.

It is quite a large pub.

Doh!! :D............

Its the one in Woodseats...

Any other recommendations would be great. Would like somewhere that wasnt so much like a morgue!!

Cheers

H

The clue is in the title stix. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi::rolleyes: You should actually read the thread titles. Clearly uneducated....

By the way, it is one of the worst pubs in the universe.

The clue is in the title stix. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi::rolleyes: You should actually read the thread titles. Clearly uneducated....

By the way, it is one of the worst pubs in the universe.

Says he who can't spell a five letter word :roll:

PS - Sheffield Geography isn't on the national curriculum :P

worst pub I've ever been in....made the mistake of going in a couple of times cos its my sister's local but NEVER again! rude staff, unfriendly inbred locals and **** beer...what more do you want?!?

actually, to give them their dues, the fact that 'Slimming World' have got a giant banner outside advertising their wednesday nights there does make me laugh...British culture all over me thinks!.....'oooh you've done well this week Mavis, half a pound lighter and just two bags of nuts and a shandy tonight well done!!'