Mobile and landlines for small business

We have been using O2 for our business landline and mobiles for several years. The last two years the signal at our office has deteriorated. We have had lots of intermittent problems but we have now been without a proper service for a fortnight. The local transmitter has been down more than working for the last fortnight and has been down completely since Monday. There is a replacement Tu app when we are in the office but its not good. The signal / calls keep dropping and then the line hangs so we are unable to receive or make calls. Its seems impossible to escalate the problem with O2, nobody is taking us seriously and we can't get through to escalate this via customer services. Sorry for the long post.....

I've come on here to see what other service providers people are using as I think we are going to leave O2. We are not totally office based, I go out visiting customers a lot so I need a signal as I drive around England. I need to know what other phone companies have good signal around most of the UK.

With O2 we can divert calls from landline to mobile and vice versa so we would need to continue to do this.

Any suggestions please?

After years of "meh" from Vodafone they've upped their game over the last 12 months and I often work in the middle of nowhere and rarely lose signal. That said I suspect their call centre is still rubbish.

Thanks for suggestions.

I'm getting really annoyed with O2 now. This is the third week without a reliable mobile signal. The local transmitter has been totally out of action for eight days and the replacement TU app isn't cutting it.

Thanks for suggestions.

I'm getting really annoyed with O2 now. This is the third week without a reliable mobile signal. The local transmitter has been totally out of action for eight days and the replacement TU app isn't cutting it.

There is a signal mast located near my home-about 1/4 of a mile away and it is shared by the various networks. When EE were instructed to remove some of their transmitters from this mast due to some competition/monopoly situation I lost my EE signal. However, on contacting EE customer services they sent me a free signal box. It works a treat. I don’t know if this sort of thing would help your specific situation? My home is in a bit of a dip, but when I walk up the hill a bit there is a strong signal unaided by any box of course.

Edited by Janus

The local transmitter is out of action, no idea why its out of action for eight days having been down more than working for the previous fortnight.

O2 have a boost box but the signal generally should and was very good on the whole. O2 said boost box would be £150. If they think we are going to pay this because their system is faulty they can think again. We have lived here almost seventeen years and problems only started two years ago. Very intermittent but getting worse. I wonder if some of this Is due to the number of calls being made / system overloaded? It does say this is possible on O2 website.

At the moment the transmitter is totally out of action so its not such a problem when we are out and about. Customers are more likely to call mobiles rather that our landlines as they don't know our schedules. In the early days I started the business on my own so the existing customers are used to calling my mobile.