Life at Cambridge motor co, Division st 1970's

Any friends and customers out there love to hear from you.My name is David Bee, brother of my partner Michael.We ran Cambridge Motor Company and thanks to you all, we had a lot of fun in the process.Look forward to hearing from you. With Regards David.

Edited by David Bee

Remember driving past one Sunday night and seeing a Mustang in the window.Oh dream machine.Crunch.Had run into the back of funnily enough an Austin Cambridge that had stopped outside the City Hall.Now I have someone to blame lol.

Sorry for the grief. Was it a black convirtable by any chance,although there were many over the years. I have a similar happening in about 1967 near the bottom of Woodseats rd. I had never seen hot pants before and I remember falling in love with this apparition, blond with legs from heaven or there abouts,although I did manage to miss the car in front more by luck than good judgement. As the prossesion of hot pants presented it's self on the street our body shop on Abbeydale road did a roaring trade from those afflicted and less fortunate than my self! lol

I can remember when Jowett cars were sold from that showroom ( I think).

I know jowet cars were sold either at that address or near by in the1950's.

Edited by David Bee

Perhaps you knew my mum? She ran 'Owlerton green garage' and 'Carmiles' in the 60s and up to 1972.My dad had passed away at a young age in 1966 and my mum soldiered on alone until leaving the motor trade and buying a cafe.

Hi Norman ,I have heard of Car Miles but I would not have been in the swim of the retail trade that early and would have been working in the body shop on abbeydale Rd. But I remember Car Miles had a good reputation.

Hello David Bee,

I remember you well from the early 70's , where you had the Camaro and Transam agencies . I had a couple of cooking cars from you before getting my TR6, but my mate at the time was Tony Curson who purchased a new Pontiac Transam from you , with 6.6 lts , which I drove on many an occasion.

Am sure you joined us on occasions with the crowd on our many trips to Derbyshire , start Hare and Hounds ,Dore, and then George, Hatherage, Old Hall, Hope and many more drinking dens.

Had some wild good nights now more than 40 years ago.

Regards

Gary Marshman

North Wales

Hi.I well remember the garage in Abbedale Road.I also went to school with you!glad to hear that at least one of my former school mates has been able to retire.(I still work full time at the age of 68!

Hi Garry,it is a long time ago but still remember, manic times,Do you know where Tony is to-day?[color

Edited by David Bee

I bought a beige Austin/Morris 1800 from there in the 60s.Great car.

It was Jack Gilder who had the Jowett agency at that garage and Charlie May was down Backfields do you remember him Mr Bee and Casson Shirtcliffe and barclay Fantozzi.