What music are you listening to?

Aya Carmela - Rolando Alarcon

---------- Post added 17-09-2017 at 14:54 ----------

Walking Tall - Sung by Marcel Khalife

Edited by WestTinsley

11 tracks of whack, The late great Walter Becker. Sad loss.

Spent all afternoon listening to 80's and early 90's Mike and the Mechanics albums. What a great band they were.Not many bands could boast 2 lead vocalists as good as Paul Carrack and the late Paul Young (RIP).

Edited by Ontarian1981

Spent all afternoon listening to 80's and early 90's Mike and the Mechanics albums. What a great band they were.Not many bands could boast 2 lead vocalists as good as Paul Carrack and the late Paul Young (RIP).

Wasn't one of them in ' Genesis ' ?

Any Rapid Eye Movement fans out there?

Currently listening through one of their oddities cd in the car; "R.E.M.: In the Attic – Alternative Recordings 1985–1989"

Not everything is great. To be honest their cover of Aerosmith's classic 'Toys In The Attic' is a bit two-bob BUT there's a marvellous live version of 'Maps And Legends' and a lovely take on the Everlys' 'All I Have To Do Is Dream'. Worth a few spins to ingrain the tracks into your DNA.

Any Rapid Eye Movement fans out there?

Currently listening through one of their oddities cd in the car; "R.E.M.: In the Attic – Alternative Recordings 1985–1989"

Not everything is great. To be honest their cover of Aerosmith's classic 'Toys In The Attic' is a bit two-bob BUT there's a marvellous live version of 'Maps And Legends' and a lovely take on the Everlys' 'All I Have To Do Is Dream'. Worth a few spins to ingrain the tracks into your DNA.

I used to be a big fan of REM, in my late teens. My favourite albums being, Automatic For The People, Out of Time, and Monster. I even had the guitar books for the first two. I find, as someone who has suffered with depression, there music doesn't really help.

Wasn't one of them in ' Genesis ' ?

Yes, it was Mike Rutherford's side project whilst Phil Collins was having solo success. Tony Banks played on the odd track too. The band was essentially Mike and the two Pauls, the other musicians fluctuated quite a bit

Yes, it was Mike Rutherford's side project whilst Phil Collins was having solo success. Tony Banks played on the odd track too. The band was essentially Mike and the two Pauls, the other musicians fluctuated quite a bit

yeah the founder, Mike Rutherford

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Rutherford

I thought so. I quite some Genesis songs. Like Land of Confusion and Invisible Touch. I also like ' Easy Lover ', the song Phil Collins did with someone else.