The Botanist - Coming soon

The Botanist is coming to Sheffield. About time we got a more upscale operator.

http://barmagazine.co.uk/the-botanist-to-expand-to-ninth-site-with-sheffield-opening/

http://thebotanist.uk.com/menus/trinity-leeds

New World Trading Company has secured its ninth site for restaurant and bar The Botanist which is due to open in Sheffield in August.

Covering 9,500 square feet, the new venue will be in units 5A and 5B in Leopold Square in the heart of the city centre. It will cover the ground, first and second floors of a Grade II-listed building and feature a sizeable seating area.

Alongside its “botanical” cocktails, the bar will offer a large selection of world and local beers alongside deli and rotisserie-inspired food.

It will follow The Botanist opening in Manchester, Chester, Alderley Edge in Cheshire, Birmingham, Leeds, Newcastle upon Tyne, Marlow in Buckinghamshire, Farnham in Surrey, and most recently Knutsford in Cheshire.

The New World Trading Company’s managing director Chris Hill said: “We are incredibly excited to bring The Botanist concept to Sheffield. The character and atmosphere of Leopold Square is the perfect location for our brand and we look forward to making Sheffield our next home.”

Alongside its “stripped-back, honest” food menu and good-quality drinks offering, The Botanist will also host live music with gigs every evening as well as lazy Sunday afternoon sessions.

The concept is also due to expand to a 10th site later this year in the landmark Mulberry Hall building in Stonegate in York.

Food served on trowels and drinks served in watering cans. Looks like a hipster theme bar, will reserve final judgement...

The Botanist is coming to Sheffield. About time we got a more upscale operator.

http://barmagazine.co.uk/the-botanist-to-expand-to-ninth-site-with-sheffield-opening/

http://thebotanist.uk.com/menus/trinity-leeds

New World Trading Company has secured its ninth site for restaurant and bar The Botanist which is due to open in Sheffield in August.

Covering 9,500 square feet, the new venue will be in units 5A and 5B in Leopold Square in the heart of the city centre. It will cover the ground, first and second floors of a Grade II-listed building and feature a sizeable seating area.

Alongside its “botanical” cocktails, the bar will offer a large selection of world and local beers alongside deli and rotisserie-inspired food.

It will follow The Botanist opening in Manchester, Chester, Alderley Edge in Cheshire, Birmingham, Leeds, Newcastle upon Tyne, Marlow in Buckinghamshire, Farnham in Surrey, and most recently Knutsford in Cheshire.

The New World Trading Company’s managing director Chris Hill said: “We are incredibly excited to bring The Botanist concept to Sheffield. The character and atmosphere of Leopold Square is the perfect location for our brand and we look forward to making Sheffield our next home.”

Alongside its “stripped-back, honest” food menu and good-quality drinks offering, The Botanist will also host live music with gigs every evening as well as lazy Sunday afternoon sessions.

The concept is also due to expand to a 10th site later this year in the landmark Mulberry Hall building in Stonegate in York.

Oh good. Another bar you can wait for a beer behind a queue of girls ordering fancy overpriced cocktails with half a herb garden in them. If the Leeds branch is anything to go by anyway...

Still, it does seem to be popular.

Went to the one in Chester a few weeks back. Great decor, but nearly £20 for a round of 4 drinks.

Probably won't won't be bothering.

If they can't identify the correct item on which to serve food, then I don't trust them to cook my food.

Anyone serving food on slates, trowels, chopping boards, miniature shopping trolleys, bonsai trees, etc can get in the sea

maybe I should start selling my beers in a sieve...

Edited by SteelCityAle

If they can't identify the correct item on which to serve food, then I don't trust them to cook my food.

Anyone serving food on slates, trowels, chopping boards, miniature shopping trolleys, bonsai trees, etc can get in the sea

maybe I should start selling my beers in a sieve...

Don't forget the sardines in a tin.

Lets not forget this is a spin off for Tim Bacon who runs arguably the best places in Manchester.

Artisan, Gusto, Australasia, Manchester House, Blackhouse, The Alchemist, and the old Living Room format.

We should be welcoming him with open arms! A pretty slick mid to upper range operator.

http://www.cheshirelife.co.uk/home/tim_bacon_meet_the_man_at_the_forefront_of_manchester_s_dining_revolution_1_3735279

Food served on trowels and drinks served in watering cans. Looks like a hipster theme bar, will reserve final judgement...

I'm not sure Chester, Alderly Edge & Knutsford are well known for their hipsters.... I think its more likely to be a spin on a budget version of the "Real Housewives of Cheshire".

Agree , we need new places that are a bit `different`. Look forward to seeing it.

If this is anything like the Alchemist (part of same group?) then it is very welcome.

Expensive drinks but tremendous theatre in watching them being created (and people watching).

I do hate the term "honest food" though.

Most places that state this should then go on to say "delivered by brakes and microwaved by minimum wage workers" (if they are really being honest)

Agree , we need new places that are a bit `different`. Look forward to seeing it.

I think it's a good thing places like this are (finally) coming to Sheffield. It shows we are finally moving forward (or the chain has exhausted every other town that is ahead of us).

However, as a beer drinker, Jemmo, you won't be going in often. The Leeds branch started by offering 4 relatively decent beers, which never changed (Beartown Peach MelBear being the highlight). But it rapidly dwindled when it became obvious more people went in for cocktails. When I went to the Manchester branch last year they had one beer on, it was poor, and rather expensive.

On the food side I did witness a dish served in a miniature wheelbarrow, with a pot plant on the side that you apparently trimmed yourself in order to get your greens. Amongst the hipster communities in Manchester and Leeds I can see people wetting themselves over this. In Sheffield, not so much.