Star & Garter pub

If your looking for a good night out then the Star & Garter is the place to be,Disco & Karaoke with Dj Soulreaver & Dj Shygirl every Saturday and every second Friday,Everyone is welcome even Children,8pm till 1am,82-84 Winter Street,Walkley.

The Star & Garter pub is situated on Winter Street adjacent to Western Park and The University of Sheffield.

For years it has been a meeting location for Sheffield students due to being a short walk to the University Campus and Student Union.

Perfect starter pub for union nights, come and say hi, Monday Nights is Karaoke, win free beer and wine for best singers, drink promotions on daily, food coming soon, cheap shots from £1, cask ales from £2.15, bottles from £1.25

For many years it was a good pub with good beer. Last time I was there the cask beer was so off it stank and the landlady was very reluctant to give me a replacement pint. I didn't like the feel of the place any more either - more like an estate pub than one frequented by academia. I've not been for 2 years and the magic word 'karaoke' doesn't make me want to rush back.

Anyway good luck. The park across the road is called Weston Park by the way.

Edited by Bilge

Karaoke there tonight under new management, any students out there pop in and give us a song.

Cheap drinks.

Anyway good luck. The park across the road is called Weston Park by the way.

I thought it was Crookes Valley Park?

I thought it was Crookes Valley Park?

That's about 200 yards or so up the road, Weston and Crookes Valley are adjacent.

Back on topic....how did the Karaoke go? Are the new students going in the Star and Garter?

When I was a student I hardly ever went in, despite it being the closest pub to the Uni. It was always more of a local's estate pub but now the demographics of Netherthorpe have changed there is no longer that core local element to keep it going...hence the demise of The Bathfield.

That's about 200 yards or so up the road, Weston and Crookes Valley are adjacent.

Back on topic....how did the Karaoke go? Are the new students going in the Star and Garter?

When I was a student I hardly ever went in, despite it being the closest pub to the Uni. It was always more of a local's estate pub but now the demographics of Netherthorpe have changed there is no longer that core local element to keep it going...hence the demise of The Bathfield.

It was very quiet, but we're optimistic we know it's not gonna happen overnight, so we are gonna keep trying, it's a good starting off point for Students heading down west street.

Every Monday 8 till Late Karaoke and Disco

Calsberg Bottles - £1

San Miguel Bottles - £1.50

Aftershock - £1

Corkys - £1

Cactus Jacks - £1

Sambuca - £1

Sourz - £1

House Spirit Doubles + mixer £2.95

Went past yesterday and this pub is all shuttered up now.

Went past yesterday and this pub is all shuttered up now.

Maybe the university will demolish it.

Maybe the university will demolish it.

Hopefully instead of the University Arms

Has that University got a thing for demolishing old buildings?

Has that University got a thing for demolishing old buildings?

Quite a long track record.