IMPORTANT NEWS...

As previously warned, Sheffield Forum is changing to new software - view the preview here

This is scheduled for Sunday 18th Nov. The forum will be closed and unavailable an extended period of time (24-36 hours) to allow for this major transition.

Please note that some private messages will not be transferred. Therefore we strongly urge you to take manual back-ups of any important messages now.
Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Did anyone go to Grimesthorpe Junior School ?

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield History & Expats

Reply To Topic

16-06-2014, 21:04   #21
Poppi

Total Posts: 32
I left earl marshal in 71 mr bore ham was my teacher mrs Jackson was at grimesthorpe

---------- Post added 16-06-2014 at 21:07 ----------

I left earl marshal school in 1971 mra Jackson was at grimes Thorpe my last teacher was mr boreham
17-06-2014, 08:47   #22
Cath Iwan

Total Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppi View Post
I left earl marshal in 71 mr bore ham was my teacher mrs Jackson was at grimesthorpe

---------- Post added 16-06-2014 at 21:07 ----------

I left earl marshal school in 1971 mra Jackson was at grimes Thorpe my last teacher was mr boreham
We must have been in the same year as I also left in 71. My maiden name was Short and we lived in the prefabs on Wensley Drive till about 68.
14-10-2018, 14:40   #23
Wensley1

Total Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallace2720 View Post
Hi i'm Geoff, ex-pat of grimesthorpe. Went to owler lane infants 1950-53 grimesthorpe junior school 1953-57, owler lane secondary modern 1957-60 and central technical school 1960-61...
Anyone else?
Hi wallace. We must have been there at the same time! I've just revisited grimesthorpe junior school. Didnt go to owler lane secondary but my late husband did (Dick, later known as richard). He was quite well known.
14-10-2018, 20:37   #24
gaz 786

Total Posts: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywoo3 View Post
I went to Grimesthorpe Juniors, 1968 - 1971 I think and then a year at Whiteways i can't remember many teachers
Mr Langley - really tall man with dark glasses nicknamed me Wendy Wobbles (I was overweight)
Miss Boyd.. later married and became Mrs Cundle....our classroom was in prefabs at the back she used to read to us on the grass round the back I was devasted when she moved away. She gave us her address to write..don't think i ever did Muskoka Avenue..I thought it was the other end of the country..many years later found it is other side of Sheffiled. I still have the Black Beauty Book she gave me when she left....a treasured possession..wonder is she is still around and realises she had such and impact? I have always had great love of reading since and passed to my daughters.
Mrs Jackson....as well as Mrs Cundell the reason I went into teaching late in life...what an actress she was! Purple suits, black wigs and cartwheels down the classroom.
Langley was evil mrs jackson was ok most of the time but when she was mad god help us mr Boreham was Hitler reincarnated lol
_______
You get 10 minutes in heaven before the devil knows your dead
14-10-2018, 21:04   #25
Wensley1

Sadly i lefy in 1959 so before other postings.

I've recently revisited the school with mixed feelings, though mostly good.
20-10-2018, 13:37   #26
Southweller

Total Posts: 81
I was at the school 1955 to 59, I remember in our class were Alan West, Philip Ward, Roger Helliwell, Harry Briggs, Kelvin Holland, and the girls, Pat Mason, Margaret Hutchinson, Ann Davis, any many more, along time ago, happy days.
20-10-2018, 13:49   #27
Wensley1

Hi southweller

I remember your names. I was in a class with kenneth barraclough and john dyson, amongst others. I shared a desk with jennifer hall. We were split up because we talked too much and were always messing about. Didn't work because we caused mayhem shouting across the room to each other. We are still friends to this day!

DianeC
10-11-2018, 17:44   #28
jad279

Total Posts: 138
I went to Grimesthorpe junior , i remember having a teacher called Mr Platts who was From South Africa , he used to read to us before we went home , also Mr Eyre .Then Owler lane that later became Earl Marshall and had teachers,
Miss Shillito , Mrs Greenfield , Mr Flemming and others , We had a French teacher i think she was called Mrs Clarke , i remember sshe wore big bloomers
I left in 71 i think
Reply To Topic