Hyram Wild Early days

:help:Did anyone work at Hyram Wild on Herries road (cutlery) in the early days as I have some photo's of workers possibly late sixty's or seventy's and would like some info please.

I drove past HW's last week for the first time in years and was sad to see it gone

I went on a couple of their works trips in the 70s, as my mate's brother (Manx) worked there and got us some tickets.

I remember a coach outing to Nottingham (I think) where we took part in a pub games night...I seem to recall getting very drunk!

:help:Did anyone work at Hyram Wild on Herries road (cutlery) in the early days as I have some photo's of workers possibly late sixty's or seventy's and would like some info please.

I worked there in 76 to 77 my uncle was a gaffer his name was ken started off stamping cutlery now that was a boring job finished up working on machines polishing silver service {kings pattern}

I worked at Hiram Wilds during the late 80`s My dad worked there for years his name is Ken Littlewood

I worked there in 76 to 77 my uncle was a gaffer his name was ken started off stamping cutlery now that was a boring job finished up working on machines polishing silver service {kings pattern}

hello Carl never realised you`d worked at Hiram Wilds.

Hi,

my dad, and one of his brothers worked at Hiram Wild in the 60's/70's and 80's, my dad is Alan Carr, his brother is Ern.

Amanda

I think that Hiram Wilds until recently belonged to an old guy who lived in Todwick called Harry Flowers.... Harry moved to live near his daughter in Chesterfield several years ago and he was in his mid 80's then so not even sure he will still be alive but I remember him telling me that HW's would have to go as there was no one in his family to carry it on?

:thumbsup:Hey! my sister worked at Hyram Wilde nick named little Linda also

my brother worked there for a short while with her Mark, but Linda worked there

for a few years, and I think Dennis White and Eileen were there also

I didn't work at Hiram Wild but called on them as an engineering supplier almost on a weekly basis. Supplied bearings and transmission products for quite a few years to the maintenance staff.

Don't remember the engineer's name, an oldish chap, it will come to me eventually but he eventually retired and Dennis Spooner took over.

I'm going back a few years but remember Dennis as a very decent chap.

I think that Hiram Wilds until recently belonged to an old guy who lived in Todwick called Harry Flowers.... Harry moved to live near his daughter in Chesterfield several years ago and he was in his mid 80's then so not even sure he will still be alive but I remember him telling me that HW's would have to go as there was no one in his family to carry it on?

Harry Flowers, thats a name from the past, he owned several cutlery firms.

IIRC he owned the last blade forge in Sheffield... Jessops on Sydney Street.

A lady called nellie worked there .she lived of wordsworth road .daughter called lind??/

I worked at Hiram's in the late 70's. I remember Ernest Carr, Barry Campbell, John O'shaunessy, Johnny Barton, Dave Hammond Len, - whose surname I can't recall, Bernie Kimpton and Pete Hadley, who was married to my Aunt Shirley. I recall an elderly lady named Aggie who had to walk with a frame and often couln't make the toilet in time. She used to walk down the corridor with her bloomers hanging because they were full of S---. The working conditions were appaling.