Silversmiths as seen on Gordon Ramsey's kitchen nightmare

Hi all,

The other day I was watching an episode of Gordon Ramsey's kitchen nightmare (or whatever the programme is called where he goes into struggling businesses and tries to turn them around).

The episode I was watching featured a place called Dovecote (later changed to Martins' Bistro I think) and a tapas place in Sheffield (which was called Runaway Girl and became Silversmith's during the programme). I know that this was probably aired years ago, however I have a few questions:

1) Where exactly was Runaway Girl located? It's been a long time since I was in Sheffield and I could recognise some scenes but I just couldn't quite place it.

2) I assume the building that housed Runaway Girl was an old industrial building connected to the cutlery/silver trade, which is why they named the revamped place "Silversmith's". Anyone have any interesting stories about this building?

3) Maybe the most obvious, is Silversmiths still operating? Did it change hands, or change name again? What's the news?!

Any updates would be greatly appreciated, there's no particular reason for me asking apart from being nosy! If my thread doesn't belong here, feel free to move it!

Thanks!

For some reason the Runaway Girl episode has attracted the most attention, particularly in places such as South Korea and Australia. The then chef at Girl, Richie Russell, has become a bit of a heart throb. This may be because or in spite of his 'effing' battle with Ramsay. You do have to wonder what the subtitles were in Korean, which is shown on their version of YouTube. He later left the restaurant and is now to be seen at Remo's in Broomhill. A local blog has reported on his progress here http://wp.me/p5wFIX-2i and here http://wp.me/p5wFIX-lO

Thanks guys!

Personally, apart from my link to Sheffield I didn't find any special that would attract my attention. I didn't think the episode really featured too much on Richie, or rather that he had much input - so not sure how/why people in Australia (according to that blog) are interested in him!

Is that Silversmith's restaurant as linked by CGK still owned and operated by the same people? Obviously it would appear that Richie is no longer there, but what about the owner?

Looks like the restaurant has been done up again since the episode - gotta admit that it looked awful as Runaway Girl, it was almost as if they had set up an awful restaurant just to get Ramsey to visit.

Anyway, please keep the info coming!! Thanks!

Input? Only enough to use the F word 120 times! Honours were even with Ramsay. The owner did it just the once. Yes, he is still there.

Its a good restaurant and a better standard than most in the city centre. I believe the same people featured in the programme still own it.

Thanks guys!

I think the episode I'm talking about was like a catch up episode, like where they came back in a few years to look at the two restaurants.. so maybe that's why I'm thinking the chef didn't have much input!