Walkley Beer Co. - Now open Thursdays

The Walkley Beer Co. micopub/pop-up on South Road is now open Thursday's as well as Friday and Saturday.

All bottled beers are +80p to drink in and they have 3 cask ales and a keg.

Much improved since the first time I went, prices sensible and a really good atmosphere with everyone sat chatting with each other.

Only called in for one last night but only left when all my money had gone.

Chatting with each other!??! Is there no wifi for goodness sake?!

what casks? Sensible session ales or 7%+ rocket fuel?

Normally a choice of 3 casks which change each week. This weekends choice is normally announced via social media https://twitter.com/WalkleyBeerCo

This weekend the cask beers are:

Bristol Beer Co: Seven, 4.2%, a traditional English Best Bitter with toffee malt character.

Tiny Rebel: Beat Box, 4.5%, an American style pale ale.

Williams: Joker IPA, 5%, hoppy.

There is also a craft keg tap, this week hosting Beavertown Power of the Voodoo Triple IPA, 10% ABV.

cheers Andy, I could drink them

We keep saying we'll pop in sometime, but never think to call in when the time comes

cheers Andy, I could drink them

We keep saying we'll pop in sometime, but never think to call in when the time comes

Worth popping in now and again, usually something worth drinking and a friendly little place, just a small shop with one long table down the middle.

It can be combined with pubs on a 'bus crawl' - the 31/31A and 95 both pick up pretty much outside the front door of the Walkley Beer Co.

Yes we had about 4 bottles each in the end and one of mine was 9/10%. Lots of local people in so have things to talk about and friends in common :)

We finally took the plunge and went in recently.

I won't be going soon again.

Cask ale @ £4/pint - served out of a tap with no head. Felt like I was drinking the ale at someone's barbeque

Benches were uncomfortable and there's no opportunity to have a quiet chat as the bench set up is more for open discussion where everyone hears everything.

It seems more for the young wanna-be-middle-class types who are prepared to pay premium prices to support pop-up artisan businesses.

Having said that, it was full, so they must be doing something right ...

Cask ale @ £4/pint - served out of a tap with no head. Felt like I was drinking the ale at someone's barbeque

He's usually got 3 Casks on the go at around £2.80 - 3.00 quid a pint. Possibly not put them on yet for this week as hes opening odd hours

Sounds like you had the Keg. Thats about £4.00 - 4.50 a pint but it is 6.5% if I remember rightly.

I dont think that's a bad price for a strong beer . Did it come down through that chiller hes got on the RHS?

His cask is generally cheaper or equivalent to the Closed Shop and not as expensive as the Halamshire House where you are paying Thornbrdge Prices.

The Blake will be cheaper, farmers is still about £2.30 down there.

He's usually got 3 Casks on the go at around £2.80 - 3.00 quid a pint. Possibly not put them on yet for this week as hes opening odd hours

Sounds like you had the Keg. Thats about £4.00 - 4.50 a pint but it is 6.5% if I remember rightly.

I dont think that's a bad price for a strong beer . Did it come down through that chiller hes got on the RHS?

His cask is generally cheaper or equivalent to the Closed Shop and not as expensive as the Halamshire House where you are paying Thornbrdge Prices.

The Blake will be cheaper, farmers is still about £2.30 down there.

I don't drink the 6%ers as if I'm out, its usually 3 or 4 pints. I asked for cask and for something at around 4% and believe that's what I got.

Down to the Palm for a couple more ... nice (proper) cask Tetleys @ £2.50 and a nice lass running the place, so I was happy.

Each to their own, but the beer shop isn't for me. It always seems full, so I doubt they'll miss me and good luck to them.

I don't drink the 6%ers as if I'm out, its usually 3 or 4 pints. I asked for cask and for something at around 4% and believe that's what I got.

Down to the Palm for a couple more ... nice (proper) cask Tetleys @ £2.50 and a nice lass running the place, so I was happy.

Each to their own, but the beer shop isn't for me. It always seems full, so I doubt they'll miss me and good luck to them.

I usually go in for an early one as its so close to my house but it gets a bit claustrophobic in there and the misses doesn't go in as they don't do gin. Also its very rare they have a bitter on.

its usually off to the closed shop where we found they had run out of her favourite Loxley Gin which didn't go down at all well last Friday and we were too late to bother with the Blake by then.

Its going to get interesting down that end when the library bar opens as I suspect they'll be looking at nabbing punters from the beer shop.

Its going to get interesting down that end when the library bar opens as I suspect they'll be looking at nabbing punters from the beer shop.

Is there any news on that front, BTW?