Potholes! is this the solution for Sheffield?

I know there loads of pothole discussions but this different, rather than pointing out the problem.

I think.... I hope this maybe the answer to the pothole problems.

I'm not promoting the company, but this is the best solution I have seen.

I just hope the powers that be read this and sort the roads out once and for all.

http://www.roadmole.co.uk/

Edited by holymoses

That looks a great system

most roads in sheffield need a complete relay and not just filling in potholes all over road

the roads need a complete resurface and not a 1ich thick layer

My beef with any pothole repair, is that it never sits flush enough to the road to render it un-noticeable. Even with the repair, they do it so poorly, that going over it gives a shock almost the same as the pothole does.

One of them would be great for my teeth!

I'm sure that the £2billion scheme to repair and resurface the roads and footpaths in the city will be the solution.

Unfortunately though, thousands of miles of roads take more that a few months to do. Things are getting better, just slowly.

Seems a very long winded way of doing it. Plus that roadmole wouldn't move off certain roads that resemble minefields. And as someone said most roads are in a state as they need resurfacing.

I know there loads of pothole discussions but this different, rather than pointing out the problem.

I think.... I hope this maybe the answer to the pothole problems.

I'm not promoting the company, but this is the best solution I have seen.

I just hope the powers that be read this and sort the roads out once and for all.

http://www.roadmole.co.uk/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aV243t2B7c0

Gets my :thumbsup:

Finally a solution!!!!! :banana:

I am not sure what you mean Event Horizon as to it being long winded It takes 15 minutes to repair and the rig moves on to the next job.

I agree it's a good idea on the motorway and major roads but if you look at the general state of the B roads i'm not sure that one rig could cope.

Maybe i'm being naive but surely simply filling in a pothole with tarmac might be a more credible solution. Takes 2 mins to fill it. Man and shovel. Even if its not the best solution then at least there's something in the hole that might prevent a motorist getting a cracked alloy?

Edited by Event Horizo

No this is not the solution. The solution is the £2 billion contract to resurface every road in Sheffield. This has been signed and we are 2 years into the work. Sure they are slow and I bet behind target but I'm not sure how spending even more money on the problem than the £2 billion is a good idea.

As the city has been given this grant to replace all roads I don't see why it was given to one company. Why not 2 or 3 and make the repair time half the time etc

Seems a solution for when the roads have been resurfaced but the state of the roads at present are too bad