Cubana's on Trippet Lane

I haven't been in for a few months, but on Thursday we were at DaDa which is close by and had to walk back past Cubana to get to the car. It did look to have gone rather down market and quite rowdy for a Thursday night.

I've always enjoyed their tapas but if that is the direction that they are taking I'll probably look for somewhere a bit quieter to enjoy them in future.

I'll follow this thread with interest.

i dont agree. i think the food is mediocre

Why reopen a five year old thread to say something so mediocre?

I haven't been in for a few months, but on Thursday we were at DaDa which is close by and had to walk back past Cubana to get to the car. It did look to have gone rather down market and quite rowdy for a Thursday night.

I've always enjoyed their tapas but if that is the direction that they are taking I'll probably look for somewhere a bit quieter to enjoy them in future.

I'll follow this thread with interest.

Was that late then? They'll have pushed all the tables away and be dancing by then!

Was that late then? They'll have pushed all the tables away and be dancing by then!

You are perhaps right. We had been to City Hall and popped into DaDa (Trippetts) for a drink or two. Didn't realise the place closes at 11.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I presume it was around 1.15 as we headed for another bar.

You are perhaps right. We had been to City Hall and popped into DaDa (Trippetts) for a drink or two. Didn't realise the place closes at 11.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I presume it was around 1.15 as we headed for another bar.

It's a shame you think people dancing in a bar late at night looks 'down market' - It's fun, they have classes for salsa and things like that, and lot's of people enjoy that sort of thing...

i dont agree. i think the food is mediocre

It's expensive for the amount you get. the drinks are even more expensive and the decor , well I'd hate to see it in daylight, it's a bit grotty.