IMPORTANT NEWS...

As previously warned, Sheffield Forum is changing to new software - view the preview here

This is scheduled for Sunday 18th Nov. The forum will be closed and unavailable an extended period of time (24-36 hours) to allow for this major transition.

Please note that some private messages will not be transferred. Therefore we strongly urge you to take manual back-ups of any important messages now.
Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Searching for an old friend - Steven Parkin

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield History & Expats

Reply To Topic

18-10-2018, 21:44   #1
JonS1959

Total Posts: 2
Hi, I'm trying to locate a friend, Steven Parkin who lived on Cliffield Road Meersbrook at least up until 1970. I lived on Woodbank Crescent. We attended Derbyshire Lane junior school and in December 1969 I moved house and schools to Dronfield. Steven went to Jordanthorpe Secondary school thereafter. If anyone could let me know where he might currently be or his status I would be very grateful. Thanks. Jon.
27-10-2018, 15:51   #2
andrejuan

Total Posts: 2,283
He was in my year at Jordanthorpe, not seen him since but has it happens, I am going to a birthday party tonight with quite a few old Jordo lads. I'll ask around see if anyone kept in touch.
_______
audi alteram partem
06-11-2018, 21:51   #3
JonS1959

Total Posts: 2
Hi there, thanks for letting me know. sorry haven't been back on here for a while - so had to reset passwords etc. Did you have any luck with your friends remembering him?
Many thanks. J.
Yesterday, 17:47   #4
andrejuan

Total Posts: 2,283
Not really. From conversations I had it turned out two Stephen Parkins were at Jordanthorpe at the same time. A few remembered the same one I remembered but hadn't seen him in years. We all said we would ask around though so keep watching.
_______
audi alteram partem
Reply To Topic