How long until Cannabis is legal in the UK?

As for knowing nothing about the drugs scene you are having a laugh as I'm fairly certain (for undisclosed reasons) I know a damn sight more that you do.

Its well known.. by who, you?

As for being mixed with all sorts including some very dodgy and dangerous liquids. Unless you are talking about fake resin then liquids it aint, maybe you can tell us what those dodgy and dangerous liquids are and why its mixed in. Its pretty obvious that you actually know very little about the subject and are just spouting secondhand scare stories.! Can you supply at least a credible link showing what you have stated is true or is it all anecdotal from a personal perspective?

As for being ripped off with non cannabis lookalikeys :hihi: Anybody getting ripped off with fake cannabis is ultimately stupid.

Hahahahahsha

You can sit next to someone drinking alcohol and not smell it but you sit next to someone smoking drugs and it absolutely reeks as they do to.

The same argument can (and does) apply to smoking tobacco.

And cannabis doesn't have to be smoked (although that's the most common means I accept).

You also wouldn't be allowed to smoke it inside so it's abit of a moot point.

Does Canada have restrictions on where you would be allowed to smoke it in public?

I can't imagine it'd be welcome everywhere.

---------- Post added 18-10-2018 at 11:14 ----------

Here, seems there's no single answer as the laws change across the country.

Pot tourists might be disappointed with the legal marijuana laws in Canada, where local, provincial and federal laws can restrict or ban the use of cannabis in certain areas.

All three levels of government have a say in where marijuana can be sold, used or advertised. The result is a patchwork system in which the rules are different for every city and province, so visitors will need to do their research before lighting up a joint in public.

The province of Alberta, for instance, has some of the most liberal laws around smoking marijuana in public, but its largest city, Calgary, has banned public cannabis use except in designated areas.

Edited by geared

And cannabis doesn't have to be smoked (although that's the most common means I accept).

Maybe once it becomes legitimate there will be a patch to help people quit smoking it, and an Ecig version?

And you can already bake it into brownies.

---------- Post added 18-10-2018 at 12:03 ----------

Does Canada have restrictions on where you would be allowed to smoke it in public?

I think that Canada has quite strong restrictions on smoking in public.

Maybe once it becomes legitimate there will be a patch to help people quit smoking it, and an Ecig version?

It's been available in a vaporiser format for ages, popular with medicinal users I believe.

It's been available in a vaporiser format for ages, popular with medicinal users I believe.

Recreational users also. It's highly effective and since vapable cannabis has low to zero odour it doesn't upset others nearby.

Yeah, it is pretty much up to each Province, I believe Ontario, so far, says only in your home, but that is expected to change to everywhere you can smoke tobacco,quite soon. What I find disturbing is that Quebec are insisting that one must be over 21. Funny how Montreal is the birthplace and headquarters of Hell's Angels and The Outlaws, the biggest drug dealers in Canada and are known to have political clout. That stinks more than cannabis smoke to me.

There was a spate, some years ago, of imported herbal cannabis that had been first shaken for the trichomes, ....

That is still a fairly frequent occurrence with skunk. Dry it well, put in paper bag and shake away.

You can sit next to someone drinking alcohol and not smell it but you sit next to someone smoking drugs and it absolutely reeks as they do to.

Well, as you know you cannot sit next to someone in a pub and smoke these days, so what makes you think you will be allowed to do so with marijuana? The same rules will apply whatever you smoke or vape.

---------- Post added 18-10-2018 at 16:26 ----------

And you can already bake it into brownies.

---------- Post added 18-10-2018 at 12:03 ----------

I think that Canada has quite strong restrictions on smoking in public.

Yes they do and they were in effect 5 years before the UK. I can attest to that as I was a smoker in those days and I used to look forward to coming over yonder and freely smoking with my pint, on two trips to Sheffield, during that period.

I give it 5 years. I just don't see how people can find this drug more dangerous than alcohol!? It clearly is not. You'll find crime rates have dropped significantly in the legalised US states. ****** up people tend to cause issues. Stoned people tend to avoid issues.

Keeping it illegal just pumps money into criminal gangs, instead of taking the tax and investing it into bettering out country and help for those who're dependant on stronger drugs such as alcohol.

I give it 5 years. I just don't see how people can find this drug more dangerous than alcohol!? It clearly is not. You'll find crime rates have dropped significantly in the legalised US states. ****** up people tend to cause issues. Stoned people tend to avoid issues.

Keeping it illegal just pumps money into criminal gangs, instead of taking the tax and investing it into bettering out country and help for those who're dependant on stronger drugs such as alcohol.

Your last paragraph sums it up perfectly. Get rid of a black market on anything and you get rid of most the crime. Once you make a popular past time legal everybody wins except the crooks. Prohibition in the States proved that point , big tiime.