Is eBay finished?

Same here, Ebay is still my first go to.

And same here. The last time I tried Amazon I couldn't opt out of Amazon Prime, so called "option".

Well, with Brexit round the corner and the <removed> likely to hit the fan, I decided last autumn to clear all debt. as to date £15K of date has now gone...I am 100% debt free. This would never have been achievable without ebays selling platform.

So for me personally ebay has solved my Brexit fears.

I really wouldn't want to be in debt come next march...no ta!!

Edited by nikki-red

Well, with Brexit round the corner and the <removed> likely to hit the fan, I decided last autumn to clear all debt. as to date £15K of date has now gone...I am 100% debt free. This would never have been achievable without ebays selling platform.

A great post supporting the benefit of an organisation, making it easy for private individuals, to sell items to anyone in the World and having to pay relative low commissions after sales have been completed.

Edited by nikki-red

That's pocket money aside of what Amazon make.

It's not actually, it's on the same scale and ebay has been making profit for a lot longer.

https://www.recode.net/2018/2/1/16961598/amazon-jeff-bezos-record-profit-11-quarter-q4-2017-earnings

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ebay-inc-reports-fourth-quarter-and-full-year-2017-results-300591506.html

Well done for crow-barring in a little mardy about Brexit into a thread about ebay. :rolleyes:

Please stay on topic, if you want to discuss Brexit theres a big enough thread about it.

Thank you.

I posted some genuine Ray-ban sunglasses on eBay in perfect condition.

A woman begged me to sell them to her. I told her to bid which she did, and won.

She then asked for extra photos after the bid closed.

Which wouldn't have made any difference as she had won the bid and should have asked before.

She then said she didn't want them as they were second hand and going to be a gift.

Too much hassle for me for something costing £40, but for buying I do buy lots of stuff.

Edited by Orangepip

I posted some genuine Ray-ban sunglasses on eBay in perfect condition.

A woman begged me to sell them to her. I told her to bid which she did, and won.

She then asked for extra photos after the bid closed.

Which wouldn't have made any difference as she had won the bid and should have asked before.

She then said she didn't want them as they were second hand and going to be a gift.

Too much hassle for me for something costing £40, but for buying I do buy lots of stuff.

You can report them with a single click, it won't take much of that for them to be banned. You'd then offer to the underbidder and with luck they won't give you any trouble.

I've noticed something odd with Ebay purchases lately. I would say that 2 out of every 5 items are going missing or just not being delivered. I don't know if its the sender who is forgetting to send them or if RM are losing them. But its always the untracked stuff.

They're not expensive items - cables, books, nothing over a fiver.

Currently not had any issues with eBay, and used it quite recently, because I can get things on there that I can't easily get on Amazon, like window blinds for an old style Velux window, some third party seller on eBay has some knockoff ones, which are cheaper, and do the job, so I'm happy there.

eBay is unlikely to die anytime soon.