Aston Terrace Swallownest

Does anyone remember anything at all about Aston Terrace Swallownest. I believe the houses were built for the miners that worked at the old North Staveley Colliery. off Mansfield Road,Swallownest. and were demolished a long time ago.

Cal

Does anyone remember anything at all about Aston Terrace Swallownest. I believe the houses were built for the miners that worked at the old North Staveley Colliery. off Mansfield Road,Swallownest. and were demolished a long time ago.

Cal

I don't remember the place,but my Grandma lived on there when she was a girl at the beginning of the 1900's..

I don't remember the place,but my Grandma lived on there when she was a girl at the beginning of the 1900's..

What was your Grandmas name?

What was your Grandmas name?

Florence :)

Hi Loopylass,

My ancestors names were Fred Marsh and his wife Ellen...two children..William and Edna.

The 1911 census shows them living at 21 Aston Terrace. Is there anyone out there with any information, how ever small! What was it like? When was it demolished? etc.

cal

Hello There

I was born Aston Terrace 1942 left in 1949 can I help in any way

Hi,

Iwould be grateful for any information at all about Aston Terrace. Do you remember anything about the Marsh family? Were all the residents coal miners? What was it like living there?

Hope you can help!

Cal

Hi igodfrey5,

Can you get back to me with any information about Aston Terrace however small .PLEASE !!!!!:

cal

Hi, my great great grandparents loved at 2 Aston terrace, and a few of their children lived on there aswel. Their names were frederick and Matilda westrop. Does anyone no that family?

Hi igodfrey5,

Can you get back to me with any information about Aston Terrace however small .PLEASE !!!!!:

cal

I believe the houses were pulled down in the late 1960's. For more information please contact Aston History Group. Many thanks. astonhistorygroup.co.uk

Hi, my great great grandparents loved at 2 Aston terrace, and a few of their children lived on there aswel. Their names were frederick and Matilda westrop. Does anyone no that family?

Hi, I have found out that I had a Gt Aunt, who lived at Aston Terrace. Her name was Mary Farrand, and she married Thomas Westrop. Her sister lived there too. They were called Ellen or Nellie and Fred Marsh. I would love to know if any of their families still live in the Swallownest area

On 20/11/2009 at 21:02, truman said:

Florence :)

Florence Short by any chance??