Anyone remember old abbey taxis

Does anyone remember Luxicars on Mulehouse road at Crookes?

when I worked at askeys transport middlewood rd. in the early seventies we had an old victor 101 that billy the odd job man used to take out on taxi duty complete with his peaked cap of course.

Does anyone remember Luxicars on Mulehouse road at Crookes?

I drove for them for a short while. Fieldsend was the owner. the girl on the radio at night was called Margeret. I went to her funeral a few weeks ago.

My dad Brian Thompson worked for Abbey Taxis back in the 1980's. Anyone remember him?
yes i do lovely man and your mum Mary ?

My dad Brian Thompson worked for Abbey Taxis back in the 1980's. Anyone remember him?

Hi just making enquiry for my cousin. Did Brian have a brother called Mick? If so my Cousin Anne Hattersley knows them

Another old taxi firm was shefftax based on cross Bedford st run by steve, cant remember his surname,his dad ran law bros years ago.

Shefftax ceased operating about 3/4 years ago,steve Wilson was the owner a relation to the owner of law brothers on leppings lane

I'm writing about the white Mercedes that once belonged to George Harrison. I know it went to Abbey Taxis in October 1974 & acquired the registration 93ABY. In July 1981 it was re-registered as RWE 420E. In April 2001 it was sold at auction to a Danish buyer. Two months ago he sold it to a UK buyer. I saw the car the other day & it's in good condition. I would like to be in touch with anyone who remembers the car. There is 27 years of this car's life with Abbey that's not been told - now's the time whilst there are still folk around who remember. My email address is [email protected] 

For anyone who's interested I can send photos of the car. 

Another George Harrison car I'm looking to know more about is a 1969 Mercedes W109 6.3 that George had a serious crash in. From photos the car looks a write off. But an HPI check showed the tax was due in 1989. Allegedly the car is/was in the Doncaster area being used as a wedding car by Alan Green. Does this ring any bells for anyone? Please reply to my email address in the previous post.

Just to clear up any confusion the George car previously owned by Abbey Taxis is a Mercedes 600 - known as the 'Grosser' because of its size. Mercedes also made a longer one called the 'Pullman' . John Lennon had a Pullman which George bought from him when John went to live in the USA. George only kept it a year or so & then it was sold to May Wilson of The Supremes. That car is back in the UK in a private collection in Norwich.

A kind lady with initials CD replied for which I'm grateful. I did email her but not had any reply. If CH is reading this if you didn't receive my mail please let me know.

Does anybody remember my mum, she was called Jean Masters then and I lived at Pexton Road

Edited by Debbiemaster

I drove for Abbey Taxes for quite a while.  If my memory serves me well, I was " cab 24 ".  Used to drive a Vauxhall Victor saloon which covered 230,000 miles with very few repairs. One that does stick out was a cluch cable going Christmas Eve at 18.00 hours.  Stationary for 5 days.