Blades Vs Birmingham

When you factor in cost of travelling to games, the traffic jams

(And not to mention all the 50mph speed limits on motorways), the ticket costs etc....

It's hardly surprising attendances are dropping

Next week, owls v Leeds on Friday night?

How many fans won't attend due to that?

Good points mate. Normally mid week attendances are lower than weekend games but I suspect the new Sky red button thingy has made a difference, especially to travelling fans. I hope the football authorities, clubs etc are reflecting on this. Televised football is dépendant to an extent on fans actually attending games. Sky doesn’t want to show empty stadiums

I spent quite a bit of last night flicking between all five games ( the Owls performance didn’t really hold my attention:)).

Five grounds that have all hosted Premier League football, all markedly under capacity. Loads of spare seats in evidence. This red button thing is going to really impact, especially when it gets cold and dark.

Sad really.

I spent quite a bit of last night flicking between all five games ( the Owls performance didn’t really hold my attention:)).

Five grounds that have all hosted Premier League football, all markedly under capacity. Loads of spare seats in evidence. This red button thing is going to really impact, especially when it gets cold and dark.

Sad really.

True. The impact will probably be felt more by the clubs next season when the fans realise that they can watch the midweek games on the red button.How many aren't gonna bother with a season ticket and just pick the best of the weekend games to go to.

I reckon last nights attendance was down by at least 10%, with Birmingham only selling out about 1/3 of the away end and loads of empty Blade's seats.It makes you wonder how many season ticket holders couldn't be bothered to turn up.

When you factor in cost of travelling to games, the traffic jams

(And not to mention all the 50mph speed limits on motorways), the ticket costs etc....

It's hardly surprising attendances are dropping

Next week, owls v Leeds on Friday night?

How many fans won't attend due to that?

Time is a big factor, last night i returned home at 1am, a Boston Blade 1.15am , then a couple of season ticket holders from Chapel did not get hom e till 4.30am due to a brakedown !!

True. The impact will probably be felt more by the clubs next season when the fans realise that they can watch the midweek games on the red button.How many aren't gonna bother with a season ticket and just pick the best of the weekend games to go to.

I reckon last nights attendance was down by at least 10%, with Birmingham only selling out about 1/3 of the away end and loads of empty Blade's seats.It makes you wonder how many season ticket holders couldn't be bothered to turn up.

Slightly off topic but it always astonishes me how late most people leave it to get to their seat in the ground. As the teams walked out last night it was to a 2/3rds empty stadium. By kick off it had suddenly «* filled*» up. :hihi:

When you consider the attendances at West Brom, Stoke, Swansea, M’boro for e xample our gates in Sheffield are quite good. The aforementionedare all regular Premiership clubs

Slightly off topic but it always astonishes me how late most people leave it to get to their seat in the ground.
And then leave early. That part gets me too

Slightly off topic but it always astonishes me how late most people leave it to get to their seat in the ground. As the teams walked out last night it was to a 2/3rds empty stadium. By kick off it had suddenly «* filled*» up. :hihi:

I’ve been actively considering turning up to Hillsborough at half time. Our first half performances are pretty turgid as a rule.

Sad really.

Sky and other mega rich broadcasters will sooner or later kill the occasion of going to a match.The football gods in London grab at every penny offered by these people without thinking of the consequences .They will kill the atmosphere which is generated by a big crowd and especially by absent away supporters all sat at home pressing their red buttons.Going to matches in London when the bad weather comes is easy thanks to good public transport and the tube but in the sticks it is not as easy up here thanks to a garbage train service and poor bus services so many will take advantage of the red button come winter.

When you consider the attendances at West Brom, Stoke, Swansea, M’boro for e xample our gates in Sheffield are quite good. The aforementionedare all regular Premiership clubs

The social scene around a game is important to many of us, some times the 90 mins gets in the way ! :)

i wish i had stayed in the pub longer for sure.

The social scene around a game is important to many of us, some times the 90 mins gets in the way ! :)

i wish i had stayed in the pub longer for sure.

Never been an armchair fan and I'm not starting now, nothing beats being there 200 mile round trip for the home game on Saturday then Blackburn away in midweek.

The clubs must have been very generously compensated for this red button lark and it is already taking it's toll on the crowds.

I don't attend anymore for health reasons but hardly missed a game in the 80's & 90's this red button thing will have a really adverse effect on midweek crowds in my opinion and is not a good move.

I don't attend anymore for health reasons but hardly missed a game in the 80's & 90's this red button thing will have a really adverse effect on midweek crowds in my opinion and is not a good move.

The F A are going down a similar kind of route as the big breweries have done and that is grabbing every penny they can off the man in the pub but undermining the pubs by supplying the supermarkets with cheap cans.We all know what happened to the pubs.People sat at home supping cheap ale from the super markets while the pubs died.Now we will have people sat at home pressing the red button rather than spend 30 or 40 quid going to a match especially on cold dark nights.All the small clubs who get hardly any of the Sky handouts will suffer while all the usual mega greedy Prem clubs will get all our red button money.It is real lunacy thinking but who's bothered about 30 or so bottom clubs anyway ?Well their fans are as we all should be .