South Sea - Broomhill.

Guest makapaka

Good news this if it comes off. There's already a Morrisons Sainsbury's and Tesco in broomhill so the last thing it needed was a spar or something to add to the contingent.

Hopefully they can make a success of it as the south sea was very up and down and mainly down in my lifetime. Sounds like a different concept altogether though so best of luck to them.

Went pass today signs now up Blues grill and lounge bar.

And some little gits have already put graffiti on it.

Don't tell Tesco!, yes probably it will end up as another convenience shop
Edited by scargill

Guest makapaka

Glad it's something different but stayed open. South sea was a grim hole for last 20 years.

Guest makapaka
Anyone been yet ?

Just been past it's not open.

In fact bar the signage the place is exactly the same from the outside. The door is boarded up as well.

I used to visit this pub with airline reps (BOAC - BEA - KLM) and tour operators reps (Clarksons - Cosmos - Horizon Midlands) back in the 1970s.

Seemed the landlord (forgot his name) was once in the travel industry and this was the reason it was frequented by many Sheffield orientated travel Agents.

I remember only always having good times at the place. But then this is going back some 45 to 47 years..............:banana:

Can't believe this thread is still going!

Fond memories of working/drinking in the South Seas.. right up until the new owners took over. Within a couple of weeks it was obvious they wanted rid of all the existing staff there so began firing them for no reason.

Personally I was 'let go' for not turning up to a shift I'd been signed up for but not informed of and certainly not agreed to (0 hours contract). Such a shame 10 years ago I knew nothing about employment law and unfair dismissal...

All the best to Exhausted, I hope your other business ventures were as successful as this one.

Blues - Grill, Lounge Bar is opening on Saturday 25th March :cool: