Toby inn carvery Parkhead

Surprised that The Toby In carvery Ecclesall Rd South has closed. It always seemed to be busy and well used. Wonder what will replace it if anything?

We were told by the staff just before it closed that trade during the week was pretty quiet, and the owners were going to turn it into a Miller and Carter steak house. They are both Mitchells & Butlers companies.

I can't see the steakhouse doing so well there I think the place is too big I can't see it been any more busy than what the carvery is now ??

Bring back the Wheatsheaf! Joking apart even though it gets busy bet the overheads are massive and although the food is the money earner they never really focused on the pub side and it was easily big enough to do well at both.

It would make great residential plot overlooking the cricket ground! :o

Exactly what ive been thinking a couple of years time when the steakhouse doesn't work out it will either be a block of flats or a supermarket ...

Surprised that The Toby In carvery Ecclesall Rd South has closed. It always seemed to be busy and well used. Wonder what will replace it if anything?

Average carvery, and the rest of the menu was rubbish. Not much of a loss IMHO.

I don't think it ever really recovered after they gave a small child caustic soda instead of water from a jug that had been left behind the bar to clean the pumps.

I think the steak house will do well though, plenty of money in that area.

Story here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2068983/Toddlers-served-industrial-cleaning-fluid-instead-water-Toby-Carvery-restaurant.html

Edited by verona