Understanding the universe.

What I often wondered is why are all ufos described as : disc, triangles, or orbs? Why don't they look like the Milenium Falcon or the Space Shuttle? What is the significance of those shapes?

Edited by petemcewan

Both Plato and Pythagoras believed in an ordered universe.Were their views an

act of faith or an act of positive deductions?

Edited by petemcewan

Both Plato and Pythagoras believed in an ordered universe.Where their views an

act of faith or an act of positive deductions?

perhaps both :)

What I often wondered is why are all ufos described as : disc, triangles, or orbs? Why don't they look like the Milenium Falcon or the Space Shuttle? What is the significance of those shapes?

Up to the 50s all UFOs of the " I was going along minding my own business, when..." type were direct copies from illustrated books and comics which predated them.

From the 60s reality and physics and disbelief require new designs and modes of operation by the fiction creators.

"Milenium Falcon" et al, and the associated "ship noises" are a "Holywood" necessity, and the Space Shuttle barely justifies its name.

Any UFO inventor would copy these would look foolish hence the move toward opaqueness, cloacking, bright lights etc. by both writers and "observers".

Each UFO has its day in someone's imagination.

I remember another fantasist holding up a dinosaur and a flying saucer and remonstrating with the children that they should only believe in one thing.

I told him he was wrong.

His chapel and flock have gone.

I imagine the main thing most people overlook, is that we are it; we *are* the universe.

Waldo,

That's a very meditative outlook you've just put there.

Most boundaries between things tend to get pretty fuzzy when you look closely enough.

I imagine the main thing most people overlook, is that we are it; we *are* the universe.

Part. We are "part" of the universe. Not all of it, not even close. A tiny infinitesimal spec.

Enlightenment is the highest experience given in this world.

In this experience, the individual is shown that God exists -and may be shown the creation of the universe; and the design of existence.

Our body is part of the material universe.But our mind and inner experience transcend the material world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Mtby_QlvMexistence.

Edited by petemcewan