Advice on where to live in Sheffield

Hi, can anyone help?

My partner and I are moving to Sheffield in July. We dont know the City at all and would like some advice on where the pleasant suburban or rural parts of Sheffield are.

I know that opinions are subjective but we like areas with quiet roads, Victorian architecture and good shops and bars close by. Our budget will be around £180,000 and we are looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom home. Good schools are not important to us as we don't have children. We need to be within about 30 minutes drive of the City Centre if possible

Any suggestions?

If you do a search of the forum for the criterea you have stated you will be able to locate the decent areas of Sheffield to Live.

Narrow them down and have a look at some estate agents websites for Sheffield.

If you narrow the areas down to 3 or so that from what you have researched you think are good. Come back to this thread and ask us about the said areas.

Sorry to be a little unforthcoming, it's just that this question has been asked time and time again.. so there is lots of info on the boards.

Hope this helps.

DB