Sign in to follow this  

Lowedges!!

hi all,

am moving up 2 sheffield by end of year to move in wiv my boyfriend who has lived there for years and bought ex council house up at Lowedges, i have visited several times and always seems quiet and the neighbours seem nice enuff but whenever i mention to people who know Sheffield where abouts i stay they give a strange look as if to ask if im mad! please tell me and please be honest is it really that bad up there? if so in wot way? really unsafe, lots of crime? or am i just being paranoid? i know that a long time ago it didnt have a very good reputation, many thanx 2 all

Angel26

Try searching the forums before you post - I took 2 seconds to come up with this thread on the very same topic of Lowedges:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360&highlight=lowedges

As for Lowedges, perhaps I'm asking for trouble here and will probably get shot down for saying this, but I wouldn't live there if you paid me.

oh rite cheers soz didnt chk forums am new 2 all this cheers ne way

Originally posted by angel26

oh rite cheers soz didnt chk forums am new 2 all this cheers ne way

No problems - don't hesitate to ask me or one of the other moderators if you need any more help. ;):D

Originally posted by t020

No problems - don't hesitate to ask me or one of the other moderators if you need any more help. ;):D

Erm.... just to clarify to angel26; t020 isn't nor is he EVER likely to be a moderator.

You can ask anyone on the forum if you like... not just the mods or the self proclaimed HRH.

Lowedges, well any area is what you make of it. I have lived there (2 yrs in fact), and although I found it ok it is very much a council estate.

What's wrong with that you ask? Well nothing if that is what you're looking for. The people who live on the estate are a social mix of people ranging from those on benefits to professionals. Again not a problem, but if you're looking for a private area with all privately owned homes and the majprity of people there working (i.e. no families on benefits) then Lowedges wont be the place for you.

It does have it's fair share of crime and youths hanging round on the local shops. But then that can happen anywhere can't it.

It all depends on where you come from and what you're looking for.

ME.. I wouldn't buy a house at lowedges because I like where I am and I feel my family (and future kiddies) will be safer where I'm at now. However that's not to say they wouldn't be just as safe at lowedges... it's all relative really.

I'm a born n bred council estate lad (Gleadless Valley) but I wouldn't move back their now.. not for love nor money.

Good luck with it!:thumbsup:

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Erm.... just to clarify to angel26; t020 isn't nor is he EVER likely to be.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I grew up on lowedges and it was one of the best estates to live. I did move away and lived all over for a while, but I am now back on Lowedges and bringing my two kids up on here and yeah I agree that it has a bad reputation now, but so do a lot of other areas of sheffield. I do live in council house, but myself and my partner have made it home and it could rival any bloody house on changing rooms.. hehe.. and my partner also drives a very nice car too and that has never been touched.. but just because we live on Lowedges dont diss us and put us down to be trouble.

"but I wouldn't live there if you paid me." Have you ever lived on Lowedges T020? Please dont judge before you know ok....

Originally posted by aim'n'Mark

"but I wouldn't live there if you paid me." Have you ever lived on Lowedges T020? Please dont judge before you know ok....

Didn't judge, just merely stated that I wouldn't live there if you paid me... which is my prerogative ;)

Would you recommend buying a house on Lowedges, or is it better to rent? Property prices haven't exactly shot up there, and it's about the only area in south Sheffield I could afford these days.