Commuting from sheffield

hey all,

soon my partner and i will be moving to Sheffield. One of us will be commuting to Huddersfield (by car) the other will be commuting to Nottingham (by public transport: bus/tram & then train), so have you any suggestions for the best place to live that'll give us easy access to the roads going north to Huddersfield but is also easy to get to the train station from? We will be renting - we'd prefer a detatched house in a quiet area.

any suggestions would be gratefully received, i know nothing about Sheffield!!!

Thanks

Tanya

my SO commutes to huddersfield, as long as you're close the A61 it's not a long or difficult drive.

Don't know about nottingham, but somwhere close to the tram will give you easy access to the train station.

hillsborough would fit the bill.

Try Chesterfield

Quicker and easier for train to Nottingham

Close to M1 for driving to Huddersfield

And rental will be cheaper. You can always come to Sheffield when you need to.

Other than that Norfolk Park area (Norfolk Rd)

Walk to train station and easy for Parkway/M1

chesterfield is 7 junctions further away from huddersfield. In rush hour that probably equates to at least an hour.

Instinct would say Chapeltown (not really sure what it's like though) it's on the trainline to Huddersfield - and the A629 - and the train the other way goes back to Shef and from there you can go to Nottingham - not far from the M1 either

I would most definitely say Chapeltown as well. Is quiet, and you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a nice house to rent. Area tends to have a fair share of young professionals/families.

Stocksbridge is out of the question as no train station.