Broadband internet access in West One?

I've just moved to Sheffield from Essex (I know, I know.. ) and have just signed up to rent one of the new mini studio apartments in West One.

I didn't have the forethought to ask the estate agent this while I was viewing, but does anyone know what the deal is with broadband in there?

The http://www.devonshiregreen.com site lists "Broadband internet access facility" as a feature of the flats but I've yet to determine what that means.

Do they have a deal with an ISP? Do they have their own ISP? Just a jazzed up way of saying that the phone line will support ADSL?

Anyone?

TIA.

Edit: Thanks Rich :)

The URL in your post is mis-spelt, it's http://www.devonshiregreen.com not deconshiregreen.com.

Just thought I'd point that out so that you can edit your post.

I'm not a mod or anything, just making an observation.

Central Sheffield has access to

ADSL - SDSL - LLU - Cable (Telewest) (Dont know if West One has access to Cable)

See here for further info

Err not really in the market for an LLU just now, just wondered if anyone knew what the ADSL arrangements were in West One.

NTL wont put a cable box in 4 stories up, and i dont think they plumbed coax in when they built it. ;)

Thanks anyway :)

West One has its own broadband network,cheap to.

Edit:- realise you could do with some more info than that! Basically all you have to do there is just plug your modem in,make a couple of phone calls and thats it.My mate lives there and he's got a 1 meg line and it runs him about £25 a month.You even get your very own west one e-mail address.Hope that helps.

Just to update this in case anyones looking for the same info:

We've moved in!

Broadband is supplied by http://www.ask4.com via an ethernet port in the flat, and is very well priced.

Setup is easy too, plug a network cable in and all your web requests get forwarded to the registration page.

Took us all of 5 minutes to be up and running at 1mbit symetrical :)

On a similar line of thought does anyone know if you can get Broadband internet access in the Riverside apartments?

Yes, also on a similar note does anyone know if the West Point development on Trippet Lane has any broadband facilities? I know there's a communal satelite system which you can subscribe to, but what abotu broadband? Thanks :)

Guest ask4-dave

Hello All,

Just came across this thread, looks like I'm a little late...! (Hope no one minds a bit of a plug, too ;P )

I'm the account manager for Ask4 in Sheffield and I can confirm we have installed our connection into every apartment at the West One and One-11 developments.

We have a package to suit everyone with speeds from 256kb/s up to 2mb/s and can get you online in half an hour.

Prices start at £15 per month for our 256kb/s 'mid-band' package and £25 per month for our 512kb/s basic broadband package.

There's no setup or installation fees, no minimum contract and will install it for you if required, all you pay is the monthly fee.

For more information please see http://www.ask4.com

If anyone wants to get connected or has any questions I'd be happy to chat to you, just call me on 0845 120 44 84.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave...you might want to check out your web server or something...the link you gave for ask4 isn't working.

Guest ask4-dave

Oops, sorry- put a full stop at the end of our address... our site's at http://www.ask4.com

This link should take you there!

[edit] And I've fixed the other link too [/edit]

Thanks Dave :)

Those look like some fantastic prices...particularly considering the upload speeds.

I'm not currently living in any of the developments you service, but we are looking at moving downtown and possibly to the westone development. Do you permit servers on your network? I know you are comparing prices to the BT business accounts and such....

[edit] Just to clarify, not a Kazaa server or such, a business webpage server. And while I'm editing, another question in line with the first, Do you offer static IPs? [/edit]