Any opinions on 6th forms

Have to find a sixth form - does anyone have any experience/opinions on Tapton and King Edwards?

It depends on the subjects studied.

Probably sciences and maths.

A very close relative achieved excellent 'A' level results at Silverdale 6th form despite being confirmed as being dyslexic after only 2 weeks of being there - something Meadowhead school failed to do in 5 years.

Wouldn't recommend silverdale supposed to be one of best schools in Sheffield but has realy bad bullying issues know this 1st hand

King Teds always seems to top the list on getting kids into Oxbridge if that's your aim. Then again Teds has a very big 6th form. Their second destinations are UoS and SHU

Not the schools you mentioned but my son has just started his second year at All Saints, he's studying Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

He really enjoys it and got 3 As in the recent AS level exams.

What were Tapton's AS level results like this summer? I'm asking because I know two students who went there and both were bitterly disappointed - both studied maths, 1 with sciences.

I went to King Edwards and studied Chemisty, Biology, Psychology, Sociology and German and absolutely hated every second of it (the place not the subjects), but it was a number of years ago now so it may have changed. I don't know anything about Tapton though so can't compare I'm afraid.

However, I did get good grades and then went on to do a an undergraduate degree and a Masters degree so the teaching can't have been that bad, it just had an awful atmosphere, lots of bullying, and just wasn't a nice place to be.

Notre Dame is a good sixth form. A bit smaller than Tapton and King Edwards according to people I know but more welcoming.

Excellent results as well.

Wouldn't recommend silverdale supposed to be one of best schools in Sheffield but has realy bad bullying issues know this 1st hand

And I know equally well first hand that it doesn't have really bad bullying issues and especially not in the sixth form. It also had the most successful 'A' level results of any state school in Sheffield this summer.