Music Scene (bands)

Ha ha!

Sheffield students tend to only like stuff if it has a sell by date on it!

Rock... Rock never dies!

I think things will change over the next few years... bands like the darkness are already challenging the Simon fuller, cowell and what other simons there are out there contolling the music industry.

Its only a matter of time before these 'classy' bars fade and true emotion returns.

Music is a powerful thing, lets hope its strong enough to beat marketing!

well i'm a student and hate all those stupid club nights, my union is terrible for that - pop tarts?!

i do find it hard to find out about local bands, and sometimes it can be intimidating walking into a venue full of regulars! I think the uni is targetted so much by kingdom and bed and all that, if local bands advertised around uni more, i'm sure like-minded people would check them out :)

Good point.

Although there's a lot of local advertising about.

Do the students get Sandman?

It's a local free mag in lots of the good pubs/muso hangouts in Sheff and it is the zeitgeist on local music.

I think they have one in Leeds and Manchester too.

It'll tell you what's out there what ever you're into.

I saw a band a few days ago, they looked about 12! They were called General Disarray (which isn't great) but they were amazing, a bit navel gazey around the guitarist department but a wicked band that I hadn't seen before.

HJ