hi, am thinking of moving to chapeltown and wonder if anyone has any views they would like to share? thank you.

I have always found it a nice place. It tends to attract young professionals with children due to it having a large number of semi detached houses in surburbia.

I have heard that it can attract youths that congregate around the shopping area. But I am sure someone else could elaborate.

I personally would live there, as I have found it to be a nice place.

I currently live in Chapeltown. I quite like it. It's obviously quieter than living nearer to the city centre but it's got enough amenities to not feel like it's out in the sticks or something! eg. pubs, Asda, off licence, post office, Pizza Hut, KFC, library etc. It's got the train station there so it's still easy to get into Sheffield if you don't drive or want to have a drink in the city centre. Don't know about the buses though, never caught one.

The house prices are still shooting up though. Surely it's got to slow down soon?!

Yep chapeltown is a lovely area. Nice and quiet but not in the middle of knowwhere.

You have all the amenities you need like shops, fast food, pubs ;)

Where abouts in chapeltown are you Lou?

Nearish to the swimming baths.

How long have you lived in Chapeltown, npatchett?

Have you decided where you want to move to bensonhedges?

thanks for all the advice guys - lou, dont know yet where abouts i'm gonna end up at - want a newish house but like you say, the prices are getting out of control.