Moving to Sheffield from U.S.A.

double glazed windows are better keeping the cold out and the warmth in, dont you have them in the US?

Thanks for the lingo help. We have double glazing here, but it is called storm windows I believe. It is also something that is never mentioned in rental ads, while almost every rental I've looked up in the UK tells if it has double glazing or not.

Also, all of the ads mention low-flush WC's. I know that a WC is the toilet, but what is the low-flush and why does it need to be mentioned.

Thanks again!!

Genevieve

A low-flush toilet is one which has the cistern immediately behind the toilet rather than raised up near the ceiling. The implication of mentioning a low-flush toilet is that it is a more modern suite.

Genevieve, I don't know, but I suspect you'll stuggle to find a house that the landlord will hold for you for the next 6 months. If you don't find anywhere ,then post your request again with a couple of months to go. The reason being, my neighbour (who rents) is buying a house and will be moving out around spring/summer time, which might coincide with your move.

It's a really nice 3 bed house in Totley and the landlord is really nice (my LL too!) and even does all the gardening for you! There's a smallish late night supermarket 2 minutes walk away and bigger supermarkets a short bus ride away. The peak district is right on your doorstep and I can vouch for the wonderful neighbours who also have two kids!

YEs, I probably will need to wait until the move date gets a little closer, but since we are moving to another country it would be nice to get things in order as soon as possible.

Keep me posted about the rental in your area, it sounds nice.

Genevieve

Let us know if your still looking for a place to live

Yes, we are still moving. I am just holding off on my search for a little bit since it looks like it would be too difficult for someone to rent to us at this point. Most places tell me to wait until a month before we will be moving. That's cutting it a little close for me, but what can I do?

I will certainly be back to this board with many questions in a few months.

Thanks for checking in.

Genevieve