Moving house - what's the most stressful part?

They say moving house is stressful, I can vouch for that now, what would you say is the most stressful part?

the idiots in call centres that can't carry out simple change of address instructions :rant:

... that's if you don't include the removal men stealing some of your stuff (including random pieces of your Denby dinner service and the pan supports off the cooker :loopy: )

Also: the need to change everything such as mailing lists, landline telephone numbers [if area-based], business cards, etc. etc.

And, just when you think that you've told/notified everyone who needs to know, some post goes missing or has to be redirected (because you forgot to tell its sender).

actually, the address change incident I was referring to was one where the idiot receiving the instructions actually closed the account concerned. My mother only found out when a letter arrived that'd been redirected by royal mail from her previous address

Never found moving house stressful, only moved 3 times each time was for the better, so how should that be stressful,its only as stressful as you perceive it,

relatively stress free move recently....... until the DVLA wanted £40 for us to change address on our licences !!

Apparently our photo's are out of date? Mine was only taken in 1976, how can it be out of date ?? :)

Never found moving house stressful, only moved 3 times each time was for the better, so how should that be stressful,its only as stressful as you perceive it,

Well yeah,. depending on how urgent you want to move also.

For me its the people around it, such as solicitors and estate agent that make it stressful..

The nasty things you find out about the property that the seller didn't tell you.

For me its the people around it, such as solicitors and estate agent that make it stressful..

Er, you'd find it far more stressful without professionals on your side!

Er, you'd find it far more stressful without professionals on your side!

Might be that, but when it feels like solicitors are dragging their heels its a bit of a pain.

Might be that, but when it feels like solicitors are dragging their heels its a bit of a pain.

The problems usually surround chains of linked sales/purchases. It's not the solicitors but, instead, the various parties' conflicting timescales/requirements that cause or exacerbate the problems. A god solicitor is one who can find a way through these.

most stressful part is looking at your bank balance afterward and wondering where did all the money go lol!