Moving out - need to secure bond

We're moving out of our flat on the weekend but need to get a carpet stain that's been there since the first month we moved in (we've been putting it off) would it be cheaper to let them take it out of our bond or hire a carpet cleaner?

We found a site that offers different types (Erento.co.uk) and they seem pretty cheap.

Suggest you get it cleaned prior to moving out.

If the place is clean and tidy, there should be no delay in returning your bond.

was the stain there when you moved in? If so, how long have you been there?

Unfortunately a guest of ours did it early on in the tenancy. I'm guessing the landlord will simply pick a cleaner and take the cost from our bond, hence our plan to try and do it ourselves.

Try and take the stain off yourself before handing the property back. If it doesn't come up then the agentl will advise you, and it may come out of your bond. Good Luck!

we had idiots who rented a property of us, pulled cupboard doors off, stole blinds, reomoved a door and a couple of door handles the freaks thought they were entitled to their bond back lol.

Do the right think mate leave the property as you fond it. Good luck.

you would be better to try and get the stain out yourselves than risk the bond.iv rented more than a few houses and they will always find something to moan about. we had one landlord take nearly £30 out of our bond to replace a toilet brush and another £30 for a shower curtain which in my opinion should be changed as a matter of hygiene anyway. they will always scam you for at least double or triple the actual cost of the item. what has always annoyed me is that if it had said that the items needed to be replaced in the tenancy agreement i would quite happily have nipped to wilkos and bought the things myself!