West One Studios

Hi guys, I'm not sure if there's a similar thread around the forum so I've started a new one.

I'm interested in moving to a studio in west one for the next uni year. Can someone tell me about the interior of the studio? How is the kitchen like? It says essential appliances on the website, but what appliances are they referring to? Is there any form of freezer space in the studio? What about an extractor hood? It seems there are 2 hobs but no oven?

Also, what kind of storage is there, in terms of wardrobes and cupboards?

I'd like to know what the bills are like and also if its very noisy because I understand lots of students live there. I'm hoping to move out on my own so I can live and study in peace. Can we get our own broadband in, e.g sky, virgin?

Thank you for any help on this matter. I'd really appreciate it.

Hi

There are some pictures here...

http://westone-student-accommodation-sheffield.co.uk/student-accommodation-details.aspx?id=88

and here

http://www.artfullodger.co.uk/studios-west-one-fitzwilliam-street-sheffield-c100391.html

I overlook some of the Studio apartments, they have a hob and a microwave, I cant see a cooker or extractor hood, the kitchen alcove seems quite small about 2 or 3 units wide.

I have sky broadband (mainly for sky anytime+ to work) - so yes broadband works...also for TV Sky works... also all the apartments are wired up with an Ethernet port for Ask4.co.uk, who are good and its fast... they offer additional benefits for students.

Even overlooking the student apartments like I do, its not overly noisy, and the building is well insulated, so it doesn't really cause me any issues.

thank you for your reply jgcomp. i really appreciate it! =)

I understand there is no washing machine in the studios as well. Would you happen to know about the launderette facilities in west one? how much they cost and are they open 24/7?

I understand there is no washing machine in the studios as well. Would you happen to know about the launderette facilities in west one? how much they cost and are they open 24/7?

They are open 24/7, you just use your fob to get in. Can't comment on how much it is though I'm afraid.