Tescos and the power of prayer

You've probably seen in the news recently that shares in Tesco have plummeted - £4billion have been wiped off.

Now analysts in the media have offered a number of explanations (e.g. poor marketing or flawed business strategies). However Stephen Green chair of religious group Christian Voice, says Tescos poor performance was the result of Tescos sponsoring gay pride. He writes:

"Tesco’s announcement that it was giving £30,000 to Gay Pride came in early November and Christian Voice quickly mobilised prayer and action. The action included emails to directors and leafleting at stores, making ordinary shoppers aware of the store’s support for depravity. We were already disappointed with Tesco’s secret sale of fresh halal lamb and chicken, and their arrogant refusal to label it ‘ritually slaughtered’. But the ‘Gay Pride’ decision was even more serious.

‘We also prayed for confusion in the Tesco boardroom. As the ‘Big Price Drop’ was launched in September, it seems that Almighty God, who operates outside space and time, was well ahead of us, anticipating our prayers, and seeing by our actions that our prayers were serious. Significantly, we prayed for a drop in their share price, which, with £3b erased from the value of Tesco, has been answered on what you could describe as a Biblical scale.

Our prayer – which we said ‘will humble proud Tesco’ – centred on a desire that the Tesco board would rescind the decision, which has not happened yet".

He asks his readers

"Pray that God will send shame and confusion into the Tesco boardroom (you can argue He has done that already but keep pressing in). Pray that every decision they take is the wrong one, that turnover falls, that profit turns to loss, that the share price continues to drop, that investors leave, that directors are sacked."

More wing nuttery here

http://www.christianvoice.org.uk/?p=2548

Edited by Mister M

Plenty of people are certainly praying for their demise, but not for this crackheaded reason.

So they were actively praying for ill-fortune for thousands of people? Very Christian indeed.

(that's not a dig at Christians by the way, it's a dig at THESE particular "Christians")

It might just be coincidence, but this time last year I prayed to the Flying Spaghetti Monster about Stephen Green. I asked "that the FSM will send shame and confusion into the Stephen Green household".

Would you Adam & Eve it, but shortly afterwards it transpired that this self-appointed voice of morality was a wife beater!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1351585/Stephen-Green-rails-immorality-voice-Christian-Britan-private-wife-beater-says-partner.html

"Tesco’s announcement that it was giving £30,000 to Gay Pride came in early November and Christian Voice quickly mobilised prayer and action."

Do they have a rapid response task force or something for these situations?

"The action included emails to directors and leafleting at stores, making ordinary shoppers aware of the store’s support for depravity."

Once again, do these people really think this is how Jesus wanted them to behave? Harrassment campaigns?

"We were already disappointed with Tesco’s secret sale of fresh halal lamb and chicken, and their arrogant refusal to label it ‘ritually slaughtered’. But the ‘Gay Pride’ decision was even more serious"

.....I think some people need to take up a hobby.

It might just be coincidence, but this time last year I prayed to the Flying Spaghetti Monster about Stephen Green. I asked "that the FSM will send shame and confusion into the Stephen Green household".

Would you Adam & Eve it, but shortly afterwards it transpired that this self-appointed voice of morality was a wife beater!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1351585/Stephen-Green-rails-immorality-voice-Christian-Britan-private-wife-beater-says-partner.html

What a stinking hypocrite he is!

This from Wikipedia:

"The group has been criticised for its positions. The Rev. Dr. David Peel, leader of the United Reformed Church called Christian Voice "a disgrace" and described their "claim to represent Christians" in the UK as "absurd". "

At least it's not the view of all Christians then. I actually thought that Christian Voice might have a huge following but I think It's only a few hundred in reality.