Which is healthier donner or fish.

Im ordering in today, so would like to know which I should go for as Im watching the calories. (The mrs has been on my case since the new year)

My local takeaway do have nice fish but its fried, I dont like the donner as much, but is the fish alot worse as the donner is grilled on a pole while the fish is fried.

Fish is definitely better and if you take the batter off then it's pretty healthy! Just eat the fish in the middle!! Donner meat is full of fat even though it's 'grilled'. Do they do grilled chicken kebabs? They can be a bit more healthy if they are pieces of proper chicken grilled in spices with salad.

Fish is definitely better and if you take the batter off then it's pretty healthy! Just eat the fish in the middle!! Donner meat is full of fat even though it's 'grilled'. Do they do grilled chicken kebabs? They can be a bit more healthy if they are pieces of proper chicken grilled in spices with salad.

Im going to enquire about the chicken kebabs they sound nice. I'll have to look into the nutrional information of donner a mate of mine use to say its basically tuna without the omega 3. sounds a little :suspect:

Haha!! I'm happy to be wrong but I think you'll find the calories in donner meat will be sky high! The chicken kebabs can be YUMMY!!! Still not as healthy as cooking yourself but for a bit of a treat it's not the end of the world.

Average doner kebab will be high in fat and salt. Fried fish will be far healthier, just remove the batter.

Average doner kebab will be high in fat and salt. Fried fish will be far healthier, just remove the batter.

^^^What they say :)

Chicken kebabs which are pieces of chicken on skewers are far healthier and if you have a pitta with a pile of salad and one of those chicken kebabs then you've essentially got a really healthy and balanced meal as long as you don't cover it all with mayonnaise or another oily sauce.

It would be even better if the pitta was a wholemeal one.

Im ordering in today, so would like to know which I should go for as Im watching the calories. (The mrs has been on my case since the new year)

My local takeaway do have nice fish but its fried, I dont like the donner as much, but is the fish alot worse as the donner is grilled on a pole while the fish is fried.

Are you crazy ? :D

A fryed piece of fish that hardly absorbs the oil or a grease piece of greasy meat dripping grease off a greasy pole ?

One is in oil and the other in grease, one is fish and the other is all the crap greasy, fatty waiste products from lamb or mutton, probably one of the fattiest meats out.

One is a red meat and the other white.

Just jog on the spot while you are devouring your Kebab.That should keep you in trim.

Can't you ask them to do the fish in a nice court-bouillon or maybe bake in a foil parcel?

Or you could cook it home and do it how you like.

I will be having fish for dinner tonight. It won't be healthy fish - it's been dead for quite a while. It won't have any batter on it - nor will it be fried.

It will probably have a sauce on it though. ;)

donner ofcourse with extra grease on the side.

I once ordered a huge Donner while drunk in the house....when it came and i was half way through it, i realised there was mayonnaise sauce in the bottom of the tray......in my drunken state i didnt notice it was pure dried fat....Yuk...talk about fattening:suspect::suspect: