Day insurance for 20yr old.

Looking at a new car, but it's 83 miles away, can get the lift down, but will obviously need a days insurance to fetch it back up here. Only problem I have is that I'm 20, and my understanding was that majority of companies only do it for 21 upwards?

Thanks.

Are you planning on keeping the car? If so why not get a quote and insure it for a year over the phone when you get there and find it to be OK?

............. or maybe take someone with you who can drive and is insured fully comp (they would have to check with their insurance company first to see if they are allowed to drive another car with the owners permission).

............. or maybe take someone with you who can drive and is insured fully comp (they would have to check with their insurance company first to see if they are allowed to drive another car with the owners permission).

Doesn't the other car have to have insurance in it's own right to be able to do this..? Otherwise I could buy a banger,insure fully comp and use that insurance to drive a merc/porsche or whatever..

Doesn't the other car have to have insurance in it's own right to be able to do this..? Otherwise I could buy a banger,insure fully comp and use that insurance to drive a merc/porsche or whatever..

I don't really know - but it's worth a phone call to the Insurance Company.

I don't really know - but it's worth a phone call to the Insurance Company.

Yep...it's something you have to get right..

I will be keeping the car, but it is a larger engine. I will be waiting till the 28th of next month where I will have 1 more years NCB and 1 more year driving exp and storing the car till then, the difference of the month is about 30/40 quid a month, so I'm best waiting. I'm fully comp, but becuase of my age, it doesn't allow me to driver other insured cars. Everyone with a license I know (aside from the person who would be taking me) is either third party or too young lol.

lol you're right.

I don't know why people still assume you can drive any other car as long as you're fully comp.

As you say, you could fully comp a 20 year old Fiesta for 100 quid then drive about in a 11 plate Range Rover on that insurance if it was true.

It doesn't take much common sense to work out that the myth is a load of crap.

Guest sibon

Can the other driver add you to his insurance to drive that car back. Then, you could get day insurance for them to bring the new car back.

Or pay someone £50 to drive it back for you on their insurance.

Ask the seller (who presumably has insurance on the car) to drive it back for you.

Provide him transport home again by your mate.

It might cost a few bob though, but if you want the car..........

I think you are only 3rd party for the 2cd car though so you will be able to drive it but not get paid out if you smash it up.