Scumlord slumlord due for bankruptcy - Joyous times

Five years ago, Charles and Iona Cole led a gilded life that most people could only dream of. Home was a £2.25 million Devon manor house set in 214 acres, with his and hers luxury cars on the sweeping driveway, not to mention the portfolio of 84 buy-to-let properties they owned in Yorkshire.

With their four children — Hedley, Elizabeth, May and Charity — thriving at prestigious public schools, life was good. Very good.

Today, however, the Coles face the very real prospect of losing everything. If they cannot pay back a £5 million debt by April, the bank has warned them their home, business and even their furniture will be seized and sold off. The trouble is, Charles says he’s ‘virtually penniless’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2085486/As-family-led-life-privilege-face-5m-debt-said-upper-crust-recession-proof.html#ixzz1jGeAujbd

This parasite who lived off of the rents extracted from the good people of Barnsley and other parts of Yorkshire is facing bankruptcy.

This lazy scrounger expected commoners to buy him 84 houses and keep him in luxury.

Let's hope he is bankrupted and learns a valuable lesson in life. These rent seekers must be financially obliterated if our country is to prosper.

They add nothing to society, they just take take take and force people into poverty in order for them to live beyond their means.

We should also change the law and ban 'buy to let', these parasites do not function alone!

I have to say I agree with you chem1st.

Our lucky generation (the 30somethings) were the last to enjoy a time when a single full time wage easily mortgaged a home, when one wage allowed you to provide a home for your entire family.

The poor 20somethings have to share houses, despite the fact they are full time workers.

What a difference 10 years makes

What goes around comes around. Cant say I'm sorry for the guy. Will he be rehoused on one of our 'sink' estates ??? I hope so.........

You often see these blood sucking leeches on here.

"Room in HMO for let, of particular interest to professionals."

Professionals?

WTF, common men and women used to be able to buy houses and live in them, kids had gardens to play in.

Or if they couldn't buy, they could rent one from the LA at an 'affordable' rate.

Massive social problems are brewing due to the likes of this parasite and lack of housing. (A lack of housing due to parasitic investment in buying the same house over and over again and renting it out to somebody on ginormous housing benefits)

As someone who suffered under a rachman landlord some years ago, I have to say .... "Wallop! fantastic!"

The more the courts come down hard on these slumlords, the more likely they will be to provide better housing, and safety/ security for the tenants.

As someone who suffered under a rachman landlord some years ago, I have to say .... "Wallop! fantastic!"

The more the courts come down hard on these slumlords, the more likely they will be to provide better housing, and safety/ security for the tenants.

Where does it say he is a slum landlord? There doesn't appear to be anything in there suggesting he operated in any way unethically as a landlord. Am I missing something?

Where does it say he is a slum landlord? There doesn't appear to be anything in there suggesting he operated in any way unethically as a landlord. Am I missing something?

It doesn't. Some of the posts above may well be libellous.

Considering he's penniless he'd have a hard time fixing any issues arising from a knackered combi or rising damp. :hihi:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2085486/As-family-led-life-privilege-face-5m-debt-said-upper-crust-recession-proof.html#ixzz1jGeAujbd

This parasite who lived off of the rents extracted from the good people of Barnsley and other parts of Yorkshire is facing bankruptcy.

This lazy scrounger expected commoners to buy him 84 houses and keep him in luxury.

Let's hope he is bankrupted and learns a valuable lesson in life. These rent seekers must be financially obliterated if our country is to prosper.

They add nothing to society, they just take take take and force people into poverty in order for them to live beyond their means.

After reading the link, it looks like you've selectively highlighted it, and posted a thread title which isn't mentioned anywhere in the long link.

Where does it say that any of the residents of the 84 houses were people who were forced into poverty, or living beyond their means?

The link says that he did up his house and sold the family house that was left to him, and sold on his family property and made £600,000 which he spent on building a property business, then bought the house back two years later with the profits.

We should also change the law and ban 'buy to let', these parasites do not function alone!

Should the 84 houses be sold off in auction, where do expect the tenants to live when their tenancies run out?

If the law is changed to ban 'buy to let', can you tell me where I will live too please? since there is little social housing stock and I can't afford to buy?

His greed helped to inflate property prices out of the reach of the locals and his stupidity and greed is his downfall, no sympathy from me.

If the law is changed to ban 'buy to let', can you tell me where I will live too please? since there is little social housing stock and I can't afford to buy?

chem will rent you his spare room