Hypothetical Theology Question?

First off: I'm not a student of theology or even bother about 'christianity!!!

But, lets say Jesus had never been born two thousand years ago and he had 'chosen' to arrive now. What chance would there be in this day and age of him 'converting' anyone, and what chance of survival? (leaving aside the "he had to die to save us all" argument of some people).

Personally, I think, not very long at all. No chance in fact!

He'd get some converts I think..you only have to look at Moonies,Scientologists,Mormons etc..modern religions seem to be able to sign up members..

He'd get some converts I think..you only have to look at Moonies,Scientologists,Mormons etc..modern religions seem to be able to sign up members..

Maybe so, but to proclaim himself as the Messiah? Set up a website? He'd just be ridiculed as a 'crank'....wouldn't he?

It's beyond hypothetical, because it is alternative history. You'd have to imagine a world which didn't have Christianity already in it to answer. It's open to a million interpretations.

You'd think so but people would still sign up...otherwise there'd be no modern religions as in my previous post

Q. What chance would there be in this day and age of him 'converting' anyone, and what chance of survival?

A. He's God. Easy peasy.

A. He's God. Easy peasy.

No he's not..he's a very naughty boy..

It's beyond hypothetical, because it is alternative history. You'd have to imagine a world which didn't have Christianity already in it to answer. It's open to a million interpretations.

Yes I know......nothing is beyond hypothetical! It's called imagination!...lol

Yes I know......nothing is beyond hypothetical! It's called imagination!...lol

You're asking me to sweep away the bedrock of 2,000 years of European history though.

An hypothetical lets us play with ideas to understand a basic point. This is throwing everything away to make stuff up.

"Let's have a hypothetical dragon fighting an hypothetical unicorn. Which would launch a nuclear weapon first?"

You're asking me to sweep away the bedrock of 2,000 years of European history though.

An hypothetical lets us play with ideas to understand a basic point. This is throwing everything away to make stuff up.

"Let's have a hypothetical dragon fighting an hypothetical unicorn. Which would launch a nuclear weapon first?"

Actually it's not European history. It's middle East.

I don't see the difficulty in imagining it?

Oh, and I'm with the dragon all the way too!

I am doing OK thanks.Water into Thornbridge Jaipur at the Greystones this weekend.