Washers banging any ideas whats wrong

my washer is bangng like mad when its on final spin has anyone got any idea whats wrong or do i need a new one its a Beko wmb71642w its 6 yrs old thanks

my washer is bangng like mad when its on final spin has anyone got any idea whats wrong or do i need a new one its a Beko wmb71642w its 6 yrs old thanks

Mine was doing this. Different make and model though. It turned out to be one of the concrete blocks had worked lose then started to perish.

mine did the same for a while it was one of the legs that holds the drum in place that had cracked. after a few weeks it broke all together and the washer was bouncing round the kitchen like a new born lamb. it would have killed one of the kids if it had hit them. its fixable if you don't leave it to late

Mine was doing this. Different make and model though. It turned out to be one of the concrete blocks had worked lose then started to perish.

The heaviest item I have ever put in my washing machine is my Jeans not Concrete blocks no wonder its banging. :hihi:

The heaviest item I have ever put in my washing machine is my Jeans not Concrete blocks no wonder its banging. :hihi:

:hihi::hihi:

Banging noises coming from the machine indicate the bearing is either on its way our or has already gone.

Its not a job though that the average DIY person can do, the tub has to be removed in order to gain access to the bearing......I should seek out someone who repairs washing machines.

It would cost between £70 - £80 to have a new bearing fitted.

Banging noises coming from the machine indicate the bearing is either on its way our or has already gone.

Its not a job though that the average DIY person can do, the tub has to be removed in order to gain access to the bearing......I should seek out someone who repairs washing machines.

It would cost between £70 - £80 to have a new bearing fitted.

£80 sod that Its better to spend another £70 at Argos and get a brand new Indiset for £149 which will have Gaurantee of some kind and last you a lot more years. Who knows, you pay £80 to get a bearing fixed and then something else goes wrong and there you go spending another £70 to £80 which is around about minimum for any thing else that goes wrong with it , read the signs, the bearing going is telling you the washer has had its day had some hammer. Get rid. Trust me on this one.

one .

Edited by PRESLEY

£80 sod that Its better to spend another £70 at Argos and get a brand new Indiset for £149 which will have Gaurantee of some kind and last you a lot more years. Who knows, you pay £80 to get a bearing fixed and then something else goes wrong and there you go spending another £70 to £80 which is around about minimum for any thing else that goes wrong with it , read the signs, the bearing going is telling you the washer has had its day had some hammer. Get rid. Trust me on this one.

one .

A guarantee of workmanship would be given with a repair to a washing machine, and a new bearing having been fitted would last a long time.......not much goes wrong with a washing machine apart from the bearing behind the tub.....and this is caused by the user overloading the tub.

A guarantee of workmanship would be given with a repair to a washing machine, and a new bearing having been fitted would last a long time.......not much goes wrong with a washing machine apart from the bearing behind the tub.....and this is caused by the user overloading the tub.

Will not and I'm not going to disagree with you, you know your stuff, if I only had the £80 on hand I would definitely give you a call, I just know my own flippin bad luck, I just know in a couple of weeks or so, summat else would go wrong. :gag: so I would do what I said just go to Argos buy a new one and buy some peace of mind for the extra £70. Each to their own I suppose. Different example I saw reconditioned laptops for sale for £150, me again would go to Argos and buy a brand newy for £249. That just me. I havn't got loads of money or trying to show off, Its just my way, spend the extra and feel more at ease, and if owt goes wrong with the new purchasers, ARGOS get READY. :rant::hihi:

well if its the bearing on the way out you can test it by grabbing the drum by the edge and giving it a gentle push down, it shouldn't wobble if its ok afaik.

our old machine bearing went , I was going to attempt to repair it but it meant stripping the machine down fully and buying some expensive parts so just bought a new washer instead.

It could have thrown one of it's balancing weights from the drum. This makes it vibrate and shake. But either way you're going to need someone to actually look at it.

My bangs but only if I overload the machine. Try putting less washing in and see if it still bangs.