Darnall Train Station - parking

I've never used Darnall station before but will be tomorrow. Can anyone advise what the car parking is like at /nearby please (i.e. is there anywhere to park and how much does it cost)? Many thanks

I've never used Darnall station before but will be tomorrow. Can anyone advise what the car parking is like at /nearby please (i.e. is there anywhere to park and how much does it cost)? Many thanks

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/stations/DAN/details.html

No car park.

Plenty of streets to park on though. Look on Google Maps.

There is a free car park at the bottom of the road. It usually has spaces.

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.

---------- Post added 21-09-2017 at 10:46 ----------

Worked brilliantly. Parked in the large car park (for free) at end of station road (loads of spaces available), there were also plenty of spaces on the road. Will definitely use again. For info, I arrived approx 10:30.

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.

---------- Post added 21-09-2017 at 10:46 ----------

Worked brilliantly. Parked in the large car park (for free) at end of station road (loads of spaces available), there were also plenty of spaces on the road. Will definitely use again. For info, I arrived approx 10:30.

Let's leave the road for the residents and carry on using the free large car park provided :)

Let's leave the road for the residents and carry on using the free large car park provided :)

Why not tell everyone where your going to park . then they can all take off what they want. GET REAL:hihi:

Yes there is a car park on the bottom on the main road but i wouldn't recommend leaving any car overnight.

I'd probably park on the street outside a house. Car parks like that scream "commuter parking". Is there the telltale sign of broken glass on the floor?

:roll: I have lived in Sheffield all my life and didn't even know there was a train station at Darnall :(:blush: :blush:

:roll: I have lived in Sheffield all my life and didn't even know there was a train station at Darnall :(:blush: :blush:

Yes, on the end of a residential street, also a gennel through from prince of wales road.

Trains on the Sheffield to Lincoln line stop there every hour plus a few Saturday only Cleethorpes trains.

It seems you are not the only one. The station is one of the least used stations on the entire network.

If it was easy and cheap to close the station down, it would probably have closed years ago. However you have to go through Parliament to close stations down, hence one of the reasons the station remains open.

Perhaps if they spent some money on the place and advertised its existence, more people would use it. At the moment its not very inviting as stations go.