Freshers arrive this weekend

Just a quick reminder that intro/freshers' week starts on Monday, so this weekend is likely to be particularly busy with new students arriving in the city.

Term officially starts next Monday, so second and third years will be coming back over the next week or so.

Might want to make alternative plans if you're thinking of travelling around the city much, particularly around Endcliffe/Broomhill!

Just a quick reminder that intro/freshers' week starts on Monday, so this weekend is likely to be particularly busy with new students arriving in the city.

Term officially starts next Monday, so second and third years will be coming back over the next week or so.

Might want to make alternative plans if you're thinking of travelling around the city much, particularly around Endcliffe/Broomhill!

Yeah Traffic is really bad around Town, Eccy Rd, University Roundabout, Hanover St etc

Beggars rejoice!

So easy for them to intimidate freshers out of money though of course all beggars are nice and polite according to some on this forum...

the traffic queues in Sheffield are appauling alraedy without all the students ,shame the people of Sheffield aren t on holiday throughout the year,driving in Sheffield was so much better during august.

Looking forward to testing my brakes when they just meander into the road, into the oncoming traffic

Beggars rejoice!

So easy for them to intimidate freshers out of money though of course all beggars are nice and polite according to some on this forum...

The "Help us Help" campaign is to encourage people to give money for effective support instead of cash circulating on the street. Useful for all new students to know.

http://www.helpushelp.uk/

Please dont turn this into yet another thread about begging. Back on topic please.

Thank you.

I do like it when the students arrive - it reminds me of very happy days when I first left home and went to University in the 1970's.

Yeah Traffic is really bad around Town, Eccy Rd, University Roundabout, Hanover St etc

Yeah, it's not just the usual west side areas as more places open up in the city. Total traffic chaos this afternoon on Wellington St outside the student accommodation there.

Its just one-weekend though.

I notice a few have already discovered the Walkley Beer Co. Full of new faces last in there last night.

Good to have them back.

Saw lots arriving yesterday. All I could think about was, "ahhh, soon you'll be having your first experiences of Corp!" Welcome to Sheffield new students!

Young people many of them far from home, leaving familiar surroundings and family for the first time in their lives, my granddaughter being one of them, let's hope the people of Sheffield help make their stay a happy one.

Hope there aren't too many curmudgeon comments such as the one above about " testing car brakes" with meandering Students crossing roads. As far as it goes I think the Students crossing Ecclesall road, the ones I've seen anyway, do so at appropriate places